DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
(2015-03-30, 17:22)Talguy Wrote: ok this is a little OT. I got the Madvr DSplayer up and running this weekend. Great quality for my picture when I'm viewing my compressed 4GB M2TS files or <720p content. My question is now that I have an amazing video render I want to calibrate my screen to take advantage of the amazing picture being generated. What is the correct path to calibrate it and generate the 3DLUT file for Madvr. Should I use a calibration disc played through my PS3 and calibrate the screen first that way and then after that use my friends colorimeter and follow the process linked in the DSPlayed Madvr tips and tricks write up to generate the 3DLUT file?

You need to buy a colorimeter. After that, download the software and follow the guide link I posted in the DSPlayer guide. The guide I'm talking about is in the second last section. You could do a basic calibration with a calibration disc and your PS3, but all that is required is measurement for 100% white. After that, you need to run test patterns included with madVR. You point the colorimeter at your screen and it runs test patches for a few hours. That is the basic gist. When complete, the file should enforce a correct grayscale, gamma and primary colors.

I think you should wait. DSPlayer madVR integration is far from rock-solid at this point. You may have to rely on an external player for some or all of your files in the future. Calibrating your display for a player that is not complete does not make sense. However, even DVDPlayer is expected to supported 3D LUTs at some point. But not in the next month.

On a side note...I am disappointed about the problem files I've encountered. I may have to change my player rules to have these files played with Media Player Classic. But I'll continue to be patient.

In general, don't get too excited that is everything is go play flawlessly in the near future. It could be a progression that could take some time as there is only one developer (aracnoz) not an entire team like the larger Kodi branch. Doing a complete display calibration may be presumptuous.

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Messages In This Thread
HELP!!! - by takiyon - 2014-12-28, 16:12
RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - by Warner306 - 2015-03-30, 20:15

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available58