• 90(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
I have had always problems with some formats, but also before this build. Each time i tried to play a mp4 I was crossing my fingers.
In fact, the only ones I have at these moments are a set of calibration videos u can find in the net. They work in pot player, but don't work on DSPlayer.
Probably something to do with mediasconfig, in my case, but they are in the same line as my mkv in the xml, sharing filters. And the mkv's work.
I guess it's not the same problem but I wanted to put my lil bit there... Smile
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
ok this is a little OT. I got the Madvr DSplayer up and running this weekend. Great quality for my picture when I'm viewing my compressed 4GB M2TS files or <720p content. My question is now that I have an amazing video render I want to calibrate my screen to take advantage of the amazing picture being generated. What is the correct path to calibrate it and generate the 3DLUT file for Madvr. Should I use a calibration disc played through my PS3 and calibrate the screen first that way and then after that use my friends colorimeter and follow the process linked in the DSPlayed Madvr tips and tricks write up to generate the 3DLUT file?
(2015-03-30, 17:22)Talguy Wrote: ok this is a little OT. I got the Madvr DSplayer up and running this weekend. Great quality for my picture when I'm viewing my compressed 4GB M2TS files or <720p content. My question is now that I have an amazing video render I want to calibrate my screen to take advantage of the amazing picture being generated. What is the correct path to calibrate it and generate the 3DLUT file for Madvr. Should I use a calibration disc played through my PS3 and calibrate the screen first that way and then after that use my friends colorimeter and follow the process linked in the DSPlayed Madvr tips and tricks write up to generate the 3DLUT file?

That's probably a question that would be better replied in madVR forums, almost for sure... Although it is possible someone here knows...
Btw, lucky u, have access to a colorimeter!
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
(2015-03-30, 17:22)Talguy Wrote: ok this is a little OT. I got the Madvr DSplayer up and running this weekend. Great quality for my picture when I'm viewing my compressed 4GB M2TS files or <720p content. My question is now that I have an amazing video render I want to calibrate my screen to take advantage of the amazing picture being generated. What is the correct path to calibrate it and generate the 3DLUT file for Madvr. Should I use a calibration disc played through my PS3 and calibrate the screen first that way and then after that use my friends colorimeter and follow the process linked in the DSPlayed Madvr tips and tricks write up to generate the 3DLUT file?

You need to buy a colorimeter. After that, download the software and follow the guide link I posted in the DSPlayer guide. The guide I'm talking about is in the second last section. You could do a basic calibration with a calibration disc and your PS3, but all that is required is measurement for 100% white. After that, you need to run test patterns included with madVR. You point the colorimeter at your screen and it runs test patches for a few hours. That is the basic gist. When complete, the file should enforce a correct grayscale, gamma and primary colors.

I think you should wait. DSPlayer madVR integration is far from rock-solid at this point. You may have to rely on an external player for some or all of your files in the future. Calibrating your display for a player that is not complete does not make sense. However, even DVDPlayer is expected to supported 3D LUTs at some point. But not in the next month.

On a side note...I am disappointed about the problem files I've encountered. I may have to change my player rules to have these files played with Media Player Classic. But I'll continue to be patient.

In general, don't get too excited that is everything is go play flawlessly in the near future. It could be a progression that could take some time as there is only one developer (aracnoz) not an entire team like the larger Kodi branch. Doing a complete display calibration may be presumptuous.
FYI, madVR v0.87.15 released: http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=17...ount=28522.

Nothing major to speak of. Bug fixes, improvements to DXVA scaling and new OSD stats.
Quick question: does DSPlayer support Blu-Ray ISO files? Some of my rips are ISOs.

Other than that I am not experiencing any problems with MadVR!
(2015-03-31, 04:14)dbezerra Wrote: Quick question: does DSPlayer support Blu-Ray ISO files? Some of my rips are ISOs.

Other than that I am not experiencing any problems with MadVR!

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1966107
HTPC
After some messing with Kodi Settings & MadVR settings including updated MadVR & LAVFilters to latest version. I'd say that now I have a rock solid Koid MadVR system. Watched whole NCIS: LA season 3 without any crashes or any major problems (if any at all).

All hails to aracnoz & Madshi.
(2015-03-31, 05:27)oldpoem Wrote: After some messing with Kodi Settings & MadVR settings including updated MadVR & LAVFilters to latest version. I'd say that now I have a rock solid Koid MadVR system. Watched whole NCIS: LA season 3 without any crashes or any major problems (if any at all).

All hails to aracnoz & Madshi.

That's good to hear. I am using it to watch all content as well. I'm just warning others that the integration still has bugs.
My system is behaving pretty nicely too, I'm happy (except for the mp4 and mov, but they was a problem for me before too)...
I repeat myself, I know, but I too thanks so much to aracnoz and madshi
HTPC
Some tips I want to share. it works on my main htpc system (i3,gt630) not sure about others.

Most problems I had went away with mainly few changes in MadVR settings.

Enable "delay playback start until render queue is full" because it intrerferes with Kodi auto adjust refresh rate. So if I left it as default (unchecked) it will have all sorts of hiccups at start of media files. File will play most likely in blackscreen with sound only, kodi paused to do the refresh rate change and continue and sometimes no pictures coming back (rarely). Enable this eliminates all these issues on my system. In expense of longer start playback time.

In Exclusive mode settings. change how shall gpu flushed for "after copy to backbuffer" & "after D3D presentation" from don't flush to flush.

It may works or might not works on diffrent systems though.
Post deleted.
(2015-03-31, 05:46)oldpoem Wrote: Some tips I want to share. it works on my main htpc system (i3,gt630) not sure about others.

Most problems I had went away with mainly few changes in MadVR settings.

Enable "delay playback start until render queue is full" because it intrerferes with Kodi auto adjust refresh rate. So if I left it as default (unchecked) it will have all sorts of hiccups at start of media files. File will play most likely in blackscreen with sound only, kodi paused to do the refresh rate change and continue and sometimes no pictures coming back (rarely). Enable this eliminates all these issues on my system. In expense of longer start playback time.

In Exclusive mode settings. change how shall gpu flushed for "after copy to backbuffer" & "after D3D presentation" from don't flush to flush.

It may works or might not works on diffrent systems though.

thx for the suggestion, enable "delay playback start until render queue is full" seems work fine to me too, if it's working for all of us i will add the option in dsplayer's menu

i made some other test on this, this it's another exe, pls let me know how it works with all configuration...

refresh change only by kodi,
refresh change only by madvr,
refresh change by kodi and madvr

http://www.mediafire.com/download/np2iab...madvr2.rar

unfortunately while paused it's possible that the GPU push a little more, i tryed to do something but then occurs some flickering
we have to wait the next versions of madVR, because madshi has told me that he would make that madvr draw frames even while pause, and this solve the problem

I forced the stop when you return to the kodi's main menu while playback so as not to have a freeze... i will try to investigate later

I would like to add a few details on the "use fullscreen windows rather than true fullscreen"

you need to consider kodi and madVR as two different applications each with it's own window

even if you want to use madVR without the exclusive mode you can not activate the exclusive mode of kodi because when we start a movie if kodi is in exclusive mode does not allow to display the madVR's window, because it's exclusive mode, you can see only what belongs to the kodi's window

when we launch a movie with madVR we no longer see the kodi's window but a new window that is created by madVR, the entire gui of kodi is displayed in the madVR's window, so we are no longer viewing kodi but only madVR

to run that option, for every play I should get out kodi from exclusive mode and then render madVR, but there would be thousand of resolutions changed for every play and every stop, resulting in long delays in execution and maybe some crash...

p.s.

with madvr 0.87.15 there may be a small problem with multimonitor configurations, it's not related to dsplayer, you have to check in madvr's stats if "display" match the real refresh that you have set

if there is some problem, you have to create an empty folder where madvr it's installed with one of this two name

disableRefreshRate1
or
disableRefreshRate2
@aracnoz I ran a quick test with new exe.

All 3 options made TV refresh changed. All MadVR playback were ok.

But it affect DVDPlayer playback @24p. It's no longer smooth. Probably because Kodi stay in window mode at all time. In normal Kodi my system need use truefullscreen mode enable to have smooth dvdplayer@24fps playback.

Could you do something about it?
but this problem it's related to this exe or it occurs with all dsplayer madvr version that forces to have kodi in windowed mode?

anyway to have kodi in fullscreen exclusive mode you have to select EVR as renderer

i have to force this with madVR otherwise it will not be displayed, i explained better in previous post
  • 90(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8