Step by step setup for xbmcbuntu and mythtv backend
I've always had issues with it, selecting a movie in XBMC will make a show randomly start in myth and vice versa...

Before Frodo I had use Lirc and a shell script that would close mythfrontend and start xbmc, worked great.
(2013-03-06, 07:03)djroketboy Wrote: I've always had issues with it, selecting a movie in XBMC will make a show randomly start in myth and vice versa...
Make sure the mythfrontend button that that starts xbmc uses EXEC as in
Code:
<action>EXEC /usr/bin/xbmc</action>

mythtv then ignores button presses.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-03-06, 08:05)nickr Wrote: Make sure the mythfrontend button that that starts xbmc uses EXEC as in
Code:
<action>EXEC /usr/bin/xbmc</action>

mythtv then ignores button presses.

Ahh, that would have been it! Thanks.
probably a stupid question, but here goes.

mythbuntu and mysql, does it come with it's own mysql instance built in or do you need to have one for it to use ?

because i have a mysql instance running on an external mac os x machine if that's the case, at the moment it's handling my mysql based library for my xbmc boxes.
mythbuntu installs mysql. While it is possible to have mythtv work with the master backend and mysql on different computers, this is pretty rare in practice. There is nothing wrong with having two mysql instances on your LAN.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Step by step setup for xbmcbuntu and mythtv backend0