XBMC displays local movie posters slowly since UPNP is active
Hey,

I bought a Raspberry Pi and now have two active XBMCs on two TVs. One runs a normal Linux server and is directly connected to one TV. It contains all the media in local hard drives. The Raspberry Pi has no data other than an OS with XBMC installed. Thus I activated the UPNP server on my first installation so the second one can get all its database from there.

The problem now is: Since it is activated, the local system started to behave weird. For example, when the Slideshow screensaver is on, it takes forever to load the images for the slideshow. When I browse my movies in Poster view, the posters take forever to load as well. Before, I was on Eden, but now I updated to Frodo and activated UPNP and since then the problem exists.

So is there a solution for it? Did anyone else experience these problems?

I would also be open to any solution, that works without UPNP if this issue can't be easily fixed.

Thanks in advance.
Raspberry Pis have only run Frodo or Frodo development builds.

It's possible that being a UPnP server at the same time is just too much for it. Maybe depending on the size of the shared library. I could be wrong, though. A debug log (wiki) might provide hints.
Hello,

I have tried a bit and poked around. Turns out the problem lies not with UPnP but with the Slideshow AddOn. Thanks for your reply, this thread can now be closed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC displays local movie posters slowly since UPNP is active0