Win My Upgrade to Frodo
Information 
Hi guys,

Just informational regarding my upgrade.

Windows user, so all I did was backup DB, download installer and install over the top of Eden.

* Issue during install: Unable to write to C:\Program Files\XBMC\xbmc.exe - No idea what the issue was. Turned EventGhost off, antivirus, anything that might have been locking the folder... in the end, reboot resolved the issue
* Once installed, ran XBMC and all the addons updated automatically. Some were broken, others simply updated.
* Issue while image cache was being rebuilt..?? Screen just went black. Left it overnight and screen was still black in the morning. Clicked on the screen with the mouse and the Windows error msg "XBMC has stopped responding" came up. I'm assuming that this MAY have something to do with the "Home-Movies-Fanart" not working anymore in the Transparency skin due to some changes in Frodo. Perhaps because I had this set, the image cache rebuild affected it. ?? Anyway, close XBMC, start it up again, and backgrounds are not there for the home screens, or icons for recently added. Changed so I didn't use "Home-Movies-Fanart" and "Home-TVShows-Fanart", and this resolved the issue.

So far so good. No issues during playback or my normal usage of XBMC.

One thing I have noticed is that it takes a little longer for XBMC to shutdown. I haven't looked at the logs yet, but this is just something I noticed over the weekend. Not an issue, just something I noticed.

Cheers for the update guys! If I can find my tv capture card, I'll stick it in and give PVR a whirl.
...DJVege...
HTPC: G840 + GT430 + 2GB RAM + 30GB SSD
Remote: iPad/iPhone + iRule + USB-UIRT // FireFly RF Remote
Software: XBMC Eden + Eventghost + Win7
I had the same install issue on Windows 8. For some weird reason there was an instance of xbmc.exe running after I exited to do the upgrade. Force-ended that instance and hit retry on the installer.

ATM, my MOV files are jerky as hell. This is via airplay and via smb share over 1gb ethernet. Other videos (mkv, mp4,etc) are fine, but anything from an iPhone or my old digital video camera just won't play after taking an eternity to buffer. (and I get some cache full error)
Post some debugging logs in the Support forum.
...DJVege...
Just wanted to update this to mention that 12.1 shuts xbmc down at the normal, quick speed. Dunno what changed, if it was something within xbmc or not, as I couldn't really see anything in the logs, but just posting that xbmc shuts down quickly again now. Smile
...DJVege...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My Upgrade to Frodo0