iOS Recommendation
I know there is a general statement in the wiki that versions <4.3 provide more memory for XBMC. I have a hosed ATV2, and I'm trying to wipe the whole thing back to a scrubbed, out of box, ATV2. I believe the only way to do that is to use iTunes and let it do it's thing. That will put 5.2 on it though, meaning I'll have to downgrade (and in the process jb, but I'd have to jb anyway).

I don't use my ATV2 for anything but XBMC at the moment (it's been booting into it since the day I bought the ATV2, running 4.4.4), but I'm going to start using Netflix in the near future. I don't use any crazy skins, I just leave it at the defaults. I basically just want my wife not to complain that it's too slow, and not have to muck around with it all the time.

Given that I'll be on 5.2 anyway, and that I'm using the default skin, and that I want Netflix to work, is there a recommended iOS release I should put on it, or can I just leave it at 5.2?

(Disclaimer: I ask only because I know nothing of the Apple ecosystem, and I'm not sure if there is a minimum version for Netflix to be installed.)
Just use 5.2.
5.2 has not jailbreak for atv2 yet - bad idea guys ... (ios 5.2 for atv2 is ios6)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Ah, I get turned around on the numbers. One is "ATV software" and one is iOS.
yeah i mix those up all the time - but 5.2 is only valid for atv2 Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Thanks guys... so having said that, is there a version that is stable and recommended?
Oh crap, just found out about this blob thing... looks like I'm stuck on 4.4.4.
xbmc won't even show up on atv2 running ios5.2 so just let it be.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS Recommendation0