iOS iPhone 5 screen resolution support
i appreciate your response, but thats not the case, i have loaded the latest jailbreak, with weather app fix, and i loaded some apps from cydia, and after each app i loaded, i checked my weather app. and its functions fine, even when i load xbmc 12.0 it functions fine, but when i load the nightly build feb 7 version 13.0 alpha, and i restart my phone.. weather app stops working, as i mentioned earlier, this was tested 2 times, i re did my phone from scratch each time, and i am almost positive that xbmc nightly build is the reason. i just redid my phone again this morning. with all the apps i load usually from cydia, except for xbmc 13.0, and my weather app is fine. i hope this can be looked into Smile, again i understand its a nightly build and its not complete yet.
This will not be looked into (don't even know how since i can't reproduce) - the way we package and install xbmc it is impossible to do any harm to third party apps. XBMC is 100% selfcontained on ios (meaning we deliver all needed libs in our own app bundle - we don't install anything into the system).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-02-12, 00:29)Memphiz Wrote: This will not be looked into (don't even know how since i can't reproduce) - the way we package and install xbmc it is impossible to do any harm to third party apps. XBMC is 100% selfcontained on ios (meaning we deliver all needed libs in our own app bundle - we don't install anything into the system).

not true. it does do damage to WEATHER app. I just tested.
@amet can you confirm?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
It's not XBMC, it's the jailbreak: http://m.cultofmac.com/cultofmac/#!/entr...56701b9fb7
(2013-02-19, 18:12)Ned Scott Wrote: It's not XBMC, it's the jailbreak: http://m.cultofmac.com/cultofmac/#!/entr...56701b9fb7

it is XBMC that affect the WEATHER app.

I tested using evasion1.0 jailbreak and it "does" have a weather bug
I do clean install of my iph5 firmware to 6.1 and use the new evasion1.3 jailbreak

Weather working. install all the cydia apps. WEATHER still working.....

now I just updated to nightly build and weather stop working.

it must be the XBMC because it has built in weather too. which I presume the script goes wrong.
I cannot replicate the issue on my iPhone 4. Nightly build of XBMC, iOS 6.1, Weather app still working.
i am not too sure what can we provide you guys to see this, and i said earlier.. xbmc nightly build is the only one effecting it, and not the regular xbmc. we are all trying to help here, let me know if anything is needed?!
Send me your iphone5
ok problem fixed by install Weather fix from chinese repo
(2013-02-19, 18:20)onepiece Wrote:
(2013-02-19, 18:12)Ned Scott Wrote: It's not XBMC, it's the jailbreak: http://m.cultofmac.com/cultofmac/#!/entr...56701b9fb7

it is XBMC that affect the WEATHER app.

I tested using evasion1.0 jailbreak and it "does" have a weather bug
I do clean install of my iph5 firmware to 6.1 and use the new evasion1.3 jailbreak

Weather working. install all the cydia apps. WEATHER still working.....

now I just updated to nightly build and weather stop working.

it must be the XBMC because it has built in weather too. which I presume the script goes wrong.
I can confirm that XMBC nightly does screw the weather app. It's iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.2 JB with evasi0n 1.4. Weather app works with AppSync installed but as soon as you install XBMC it will not open.

I see it can be fixed with the weather fix but I made a restore and will not install XBMC at all this time.
The next one who tells me that XBMC screws the Weather app - in the same sentence that there is a Weather Fix out gets a trout!
You should not need to apply any Weather app fix as latest evasi0n already fixes the issue that Weather App had with AppSync. And I haven't seen any other app or tweak that kills it again, besides nightly XBMC.

Maybe you could have a look on that Chinese Weather fix to see what it does and maybe incorporate it in your release so it doesn't screw the weather in the first place.

I'm not sure what you mean by "getting a trout" but I guess it means "thanks for taking the time to test XBMC and report possible issues". You are welcome!
(2013-02-05, 00:18)Memphiz Wrote: could you for god sake give us a couple of weeks please? the jb is out for some hours and you start begging like little babies...

Come on man, they live in the House Of Apple where everything "Just works", you have to expect this. Although I hear Apple users are very good at throwing money at things so maybe you should get them to donate to your PayPal or something? Smile
Making me attackable to feature requests? I'm not stupid Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iPhone 5 screen resolution support1