[iPhone 5] mirroring to Apple TV 3
When I use mirroring from my iPhone 5 to my Apple TV 3 I cannot use my iPhone 5 as a remote. With my iPad 2 it is possible. I tried it with the original Frodo release and with the latest nightly (05-02-2012). Can somebody give me instructions on how to change it manualy through iFile or something. It would be nice to use the iPhone 5 as mediaplayer until the Apple TV 3 will be jailbroken (if ever Wink). The iPad 2 is just to slow for mirroring to the Apple TV 3. With the iPhone 5 it runs smooth.

Thanks for your help and time! Smile
I don't think any of the iOS devs have an iPhone 5. If you can get them a debug log (wiki) of when you airplay from XBMC on the iPhone 5 to the ATV3, that might give them some hints.
Ned does this work on your ipad4? (i mean tvout to airplay mirrored atv3 and getting the "remote control" on the ipad4)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
HA, I forgot that I have an iPad 4 with XBMC now and that I can do this :D

Works great for me. Controls work and everything. Also, THIS IS AWESOME.
@ScarAce1989 please describe in detail what happens when you switch to fullscreen#2 on your iphone5 (when using airplay mirroring to atv3).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2013-02-06, 15:04)Ned Scott Wrote: HA, I forgot that I have an iPad 4 with XBMC now and that I can do this Big Grin

Works great for me. Controls work and everything. Also, THIS IS AWESOME.

How is playback of 720p mkvs using this method? Last I tried it wasn't smooth.
I only tried some quick movie trailers, so wifi was being hit twice, but it was very watchable. Had some compression artifacts, but not too bad. I haven't tried a local file on the iPad yet. Also, the iPad 4 has much better wifi than previous iDevices and my ATV2 is on wired Ethernet.
I'm also having this issue with my iphone 5 running the latest nightly build. I switch to fullscreen 2, and the screens fade and then show xbmc on my atv 3 and the gestures control screen on my iphone 5, as it is supposed to. However, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get out of the settings menu. Swipe gestures to scroll up and down and left and right work fine, as well as single tap to select an item. From what I read double tap is supposed to be the back function, but this is not working. I've tried this with both touched and confluence skins. I agree that iphone 5 tv out and airplay mirror is an awesome experience! I'm just not sure all of the gestures are working properly.
First of - the touched skind won't work cause it is not ment to be used with a remote control (which the pad will be when using tvout). So better stick with confluence.

Secondly - I have written "2 finger swipe left for backspace" in the remote - not double tap.
Ah ok, thank you for the clarification Memphiz. Apologies for my n00bness and I will try the two finger swipe when I get home. I'm sure it'll work since the other controls seemed to. Can you provide me with a complete list of the gestures you've programmed for the remote? Thanks!
Look at the Remote - there are Texts describing the gestures no?
I have XBMC installed on my iphone 5, and when i airplay it to the ATV 3, i get no audio. I'm new to this, how do i get the audio to work? Can someone clarify the above question, how are you using XBMC on the iphone and using remote? Or are you talking about using iphone to remote connect to XBMC on a Mac and airplay the mac to the ATV3? Also, i can't seem to connect to my Mac Mini with the Romote app, it finds it no problem, just connecting seems to be an issue. Could it be the version of my XBMC?
Someone else will answer your questions (or you read it up in our iOS FAQ).
(2013-02-08, 15:41)Hardball1979 Wrote: I have XBMC installed on my iphone 5, and when i airplay it to the ATV 3, i get no audio. I'm new to this, how do i get the audio to work? Can someone clarify the above question, how are you using XBMC on the iphone and using remote? Or are you talking about using iphone to remote connect to XBMC on a Mac and airplay the mac to the ATV3? Also, i can't seem to connect to my Mac Mini with the Romote app, it finds it no problem, just connecting seems to be an issue. Could it be the version of my XBMC?

If you're getting the mirrored image on your ATV 3, you're likely not getting sound because your phone's silent switch is turned on. In order to mirror and use the iphone as a remote, you need to completely close out of XBMC (double tap home button and close out), then mirror to your ATV 3 so that your phone's homescreen is shown on your ATV 3. Then reopen XBMC and go to System>Settings>System>Video Output and change Display Mode to Fullscreen 2. Note that the remote gestures are designed to work with the Confluence skin, not the default skin, Touched.

Memphiz, I understand your frustration, but I am feeling generous today.
thx - a link into our ios faq wiki would have saved you some time Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[iPhone 5] mirroring to Apple TV 30