Play Video On A Loop
Hi.

What I want is for as soon as XBMC is started, it plays a video file on a continuous loop - no user input required.

Is this possible?
Yes, but the control is in a weird spot. Start to play the video, use tab to go back to the XBMC GUI and bring up the sidebar menu and mini playback controls, and there you will see a repeat button.
But will I have to do this every time XBMC is restarted?
Maybe?
Repeat button only shows up for Music at least not in confluence. Or am I missing something?

uNi
You have to queue your video, go into "Now playing" and then you have the Repeat option (Off, All, One) available on the left slide-out menu. However, when you restart XBMC, the Repeat option gets reset to Off. Can't think of any way off-hand to do what sobeitjedi is requesting.
@artrafael what about a Playlist with some sort of startup.py idk how to do that though.

uNi
add these lines to the Startup.xml file of the skin you use:
Code:
<onload>PlayerControl(Repeat)</onload>
<onload>PlayMedia(/path/to/file.ext)</onload>
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
The ronie saves the day! Smile

uNi
too bad i've just tested it and it doesn't seem to work :-|
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
And the Crowd just goes awwww!

* un1versal take off looking for a XBMC Mentor in the arts of XBMC dark arts and was looking for a Sensei

Please leave a message at my wiki door. (beep)

Nite nite folks.

uNi
It wasn't working for me either until it dawned on me that the "Repeat" setting is only available from the "Now playing" playlist, so I decided to try playing a playlist instead of the actual file and repeat worked!

Create a normal playlist (wiki) with just the one movie and save it with a name. I'm reluctant to change skin files, so I created an autoexec.py file in my userdata (wiki) directory with the following contents (based on ronie's example above):
Code:
import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin( "PlayMedia(/path/to/your-playlist.m3u)" )
xbmc.executebuiltin( "PlayerControl(repeat)" )

When you launch XBMC, it'll play the movie in the playlist and repeat until you exit.
ah...the dark arts of xbmc Smile

so:
a) you can only repeat playlists, not a single file
b) if you start a video from your library, xbmc automatically creates a playlist,
but if you start the same file from within the skin, it does not create a playlist.

@uNi: you're taking notes?

well, for completeness sake, here's the skin way (based on artrafael's):

Startup.xml
Code:
<window>
    <onload>PlayMedia(/path/to/playlist.m3u)</onload>
    <onload>PlayerControl(Repeat)</onload>
</window>

playlist.m3u
Code:
/path/to/file.ext
Quote:@uNi: you're taking notes?

I am, I am. My wikifier list grows everyday.

uNi
artrafael,

If I put more than one file in the playlist, I found that it only repeats the first file, and can never get to the rest of the files. I want it to repeat the whole playlist, not just the first file.

Now I have some interesting findings. I have tried over 10 reboots using SSH sudo reboot. The first reboot repeats only the first file, the second reboot repeats the whole playlist, the third reboot repeats only the first file, etc. That is, the reboot alternate between repeating the whole playlist and repeating just the first file. I have tried another 10 more reboots by just unplugging the power supply, and the behavior is the same.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play Video On A Loop0