Navigating lock bugs in "My music"
and please supply the m3u file so we can see if it's a problem with the m3u reader, or if it's a problem with one of the songs that it contains.

you can upload to http://www.xboxmediaplayer.it/upload if you don't want to paste it here.

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

hi there,

i have similar problems with the library vieuw. it's a feature which i really like to work.

but i can't go changing the al my artist names from björk to bjork, café del mar to cafe.

i tried the approch of pandoer and started with 2 albums björk debut and diana ross. .

when i switch to library vieuw i get no scanned information for this vieuw? switch to files vieuw.

how do i scan? i looked the info up with the white button.

thanks in advance
guy forssman
i doubt its the accented characters in bjork or cafe del mar. it's probably something else, that you didnt even know was there.

and "album information" does not scan. it only looks up the album on allmusic.com. you need to choose the "scan folder to database".
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
any progress on fixing this bug?
I'm the one currently maintaning the Norwegian translation. Please drop me a message if you find errors or room for improvement.
hi.

i uploaded to http://www.xboxmediaplayer.it/upload zipped file dumb.zip. there is mymusic6.db, xbmc.old.log (with loglevel 0) and two m3u-playlistfiles, original from my pc and other from xbox. release i used to do this was xbmc.2005-12-06-clean.

hopefully this helps.
as far as i know, this was corrected for files but theres a different bug related specificly to playlists.
is there anything else i could do to help this bug get fixed?
1) are you running latest cvs?
2) are you still experiencing the complete crash?
3) look at this thread, i believe this is what you're probably experiencing now:
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....t=17408

Quote:is there anything else i could do to help this bug get fixed?
other than fix it yourself, no.
(kraqh3d @ dec. 10 2005,18:39 Wrote:1) are you running latest cvs?
yes
Quote:2) are you still experiencing the complete crash?
yes
Quote:3) look at this thread, i believe this is what you're probably experiencing now:
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....t=17408
there is nothing similar in that thread like my crash. i've never had those errors in my log file.

Quote:
Quote:is there anything else i could do to help this bug get fixed?
other than fix it yourself, no.
sure... :verysad: i can't believe that i'm the only one still having this problem?

i'm really trying to help you guys to fix this... is there some tools i can use to check mymusic6.db if there is... something? i'm not pleased to think that i'm stuck in releases before 2005-10-10.
Quote:i'm really trying to help you guys to fix this... is there some tools i can use to check mymusic6.db if there is... something? i'm not pleased to think that i'm stuck in releases before 2005-10-10.

i thought you said you're having problems with m3u playlists. what exactly is your problem at the moment?
ok. i have to admit, that i really don't know. definitely it has something to do with playlist, because when i remove all playlists from smb-share-root all works.

it has also something to do with charset conversions... some (not all) ö-characters became 㶠and ä became 㤠in my xbox-playlist.

my problem is shortly: i can't use my pc-playlists in my xbox.
ok, i had thought your problem was playlist related. it's definately related to the charset conversions. i was hoping you were now having a problem similar to wormboy, but guess not.
could you add more information to logfile just after selecting smb-share from my music, please? this is the end of my log file after crash... (i have set loglevel to 0) - it could help me to find those files in my share or lines in m3u-file which causes this crash?

Quote:14-12-2005 17:13:00 info loading skin file: mymusicsongs.xml
14-12-2005 17:13:00 debug cguiwindowmusicsongs::getdirectory ()
14-12-2005 17:13:00 debug parentpath = []
14-12-2005 17:13:00 debug fetching directory ()
14-12-2005 17:13:00 debug current m_vecpathhistory:
14-12-2005 17:13:00 debug 00.[]
14-12-2005 17:13:02 debug cguiwindowmusicsongs::getdirectory (smb://xxx;yyy:zzz@pcname/piisej/)
14-12-2005 17:13:02 debug parentpath = []
14-12-2005 17:13:02 debug fetching directory (smb://xxx;yyy:zzz@pcname/piisej/)
14-12-2005 17:13:04 error exception in capplication::framemove()
14-12-2005 17:13:20 fatal exception_access_violation (0xc0000005)
at 0x0017d87f
:help:
no. do it yourself if you want. if we were to output all files into the log as the directory was read, the log would grow exponentially and your hard drive would thrash. i know. i've actually had to do it a few times myself.

look in smbdirectory.cpp, function "bool csmbdirectory::getdirectory()". if i remeber correctly, there's a while loop which gets the items. you'll need to throw in a clog::log(logdebug,"somemessage"); line in there to output them as they are processed.

** edit ** wow, i must be tired. what i originally wrote was barely coherent Smile

thank you for your help - now i have to take huge leap: start to build my own xbmc... Shocked

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Navigating lock bugs in "My music"0