Bug [BB] code counts for maximum characters allowed. e.g. Signatures
Bug 
As the tittle suggests all BB code brackets [] [align=] [b] [u] [url] etc and so on, is counted towards maximum characters allowed, this is true in signatures and presume by extension to forum posts.

uNi
well, it might be a mybb bug then, because it's configured to NOT count bbcode for the max characters check. Let's see if this bug is still present in latest myBB version after we switched to the new forum server on sunday/monday.
I think that setting means the opposite http://community.mybb.com/thread-125415.html so idk anyway, but atm It does count. I dont mind waiting a few more days all I need to do is add a one more color BB code to my signature and throws it over limit.

The general idea is trying to make my support job easier by carrying useful stuff on my sig and even if keeping to rules, the current limit when using links becomes 90% shorter, since links (even using url shortners take 90% of character limit as is. Add to that BB and It leaves me with little to options.

I'll open another thread to request info on how-to wiki forum links and forum wiki links.

uNi
The code part still counts to the maximum - I can't update my signature Sad
(Btw, do you think my signature is too big?)
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
(2013-03-24, 20:03)sphere Wrote: (Btw, do you think my signature is too big?)

Not really but it's becoming a long list Tongue

Perhaps it would be getting easier to get your list on wiki on point to that one until our addon frontend is running?
List all your addons under your own personal wiki page and point to the respective forum threads/github code?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
argh, I thought I fixed it. Will check, but it has to wait for the weekend - quite a busy week Sad
No problem, cool. Smile

Btw. you are doing a good job as admin, dedicated thanks to you Smile
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
@sphere

You will be disappointed even when BB code wont count towards character limit, because current limit is 300chars and your sig was made (I guess because of amount of content) when 400+ was limit. mine is 295 chars long including BB code not even half of what you have.

uNi
Did you found some time to have a look to this issue?
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
sorry, not yet. But I could have sworn that I already did some stuff in that direction (writing a regex that's for sure strips out bbcode)
(2013-04-02, 14:03)da-anda Wrote: sorry, not yet. But I could have sworn that I already did some stuff in that direction (writing a regex that's for sure strips out bbcode)

I found the reason for my count mismatch:
Code:
[url=http://www.google.de]foo[/url]
should count as 3 chars but it counts as 11. The url "www.google.de" isn't being counted - but "url=" and "/url" are.

Not sure if this is correct or not Wink
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
We are waiting for a fix as all BB code counts.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BB] code counts for maximum characters allowed. e.g. Signatures0