Nexus 10 stuttering during playback!
Sad 
I just got a Nexus 10 and installed XBMC which went smoothly. I can install apps everything it works great. But when I go to watch a movie I get stuttering all the time. I am traying to watch 1080P movies that are in the .mkv file format. I do not beleive it is a bandwidth issue as I have full bars for wifi connection. I also can watch the same movie on my Galaxy S2 and S3 with no stuttering what so ever.

Is there any special settings I need to have enabled for video settings?

Anything else I can try?

Anyone get it to work on a Nexus 10?

Also latest version of XBMC installed.
1080p video via wifi isnt gong to be great.

try local storing a 1080p file and retry.

also note, I dont think XBMC for android supports HW acceleration as of yet
I have no prob via wifi through my PS3 or on my phone playing back 1080P material. But I will try storing it localy on the device and see how it goes, but that really defeats the purpose of what I wanted to do.
I am having the same issue with it stuttering, I copied an mkv file locally and it is the exact same problem, not a bandwidth issue.. Maybe like riaz stated, it is the lack of HW accelerator support... I dunno... but its weak
(2013-02-08, 16:20)Zyeox Wrote: I just got a Nexus 10 and installed XBMC which went smoothly. I can install apps everything it works great. But when I go to watch a movie I get stuttering all the time. I am traying to watch 1080P movies that are in the .mkv file format. I do not beleive it is a bandwidth issue as I have full bars for wifi connection. I also can watch the same movie on my Galaxy S2 and S3 with no stuttering what so ever.

Is there any special settings I need to have enabled for video settings?

Anything else I can try?

Anyone get it to work on a Nexus 10?

Also latest version of XBMC installed.

You don't need XBMC since Andrioid already has movie players that work OK. My mini pc came with one called 2150P Super HD Player that works fine but if you don't have one already there are some good choices in the Play store like MXPlayer and Vplayer. If you absolutely have to stream movies you can use Netflix or Navi-X. Have you tried those? I've found that a very strong wi-fi signal is needed for good streaming without a lot of buffering though. You need to have a full 4 bars or a reading of -45dB on the Wifi Analyzer app. I found that Navi-X has problems with streaming though because most of the servers don't seem to be able to send the file fast enough to avoid a lot of buffering but if you use the Download option to save it first then play it there's no problem.
Update

I installed mxplayer and it works flawlessly must've an issue with the player inside XBMC. Would like to use XBMC though.
....please read the Android FAQ (wiki). Hardware video decoding is what our devs have been working on as the last piece of the XBMC for Android Puzzle. There's also a link to an experimental build that will probably playback wonderfully on a Nexus 10 (also stickied in this forum).
Just wanted to post here since I saw the thread was recent. The experimental build pinned in the forum took care of choppiness for me. I haven't been able to find any files that won't play in my ample collection.

Right now I only buffer for 1080p and only on high bitrate videos, which is to be expected of any device. Thank yous are in order, libstagefright is lovely! Rofl
(2013-04-27, 17:18)pmow Wrote: Just wanted to post here since I saw the thread was recent. The experimental build pinned in the forum took care of choppiness for me. I haven't been able to find any files that won't play in my ample collection.

Right now I only buffer for 1080p and only on high bitrate videos, which is to be expected of any device. Thank yous are in order, libstagefright is lovely! Rofl

can you point me to that build please?
(2013-04-29, 19:21)kyomagi Wrote:
(2013-04-27, 17:18)pmow Wrote: Just wanted to post here since I saw the thread was recent. The experimental build pinned in the forum took care of choppiness for me. I haven't been able to find any files that won't play in my ample collection.

can you point me to that build please?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=152005

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nexus 10 stuttering during playback!0