XBMC on ATV2 5.2 / iOS 6.x support added
XBMC v12 installed and working great on AppleTV 2 running OS 5.2. Huzzah!

Quick question though. Whenever I try to exit XBMC, it either resprings (spinning wheel appears) to the original AppleTV menu, or it locks up and I need to force a restart. Is this normal, or a bug? Is there something we can do to fix it? I'd like to be able to exit XBMC elegantly and go back to the original AppleTV menu when I am done using it.
respring is the normal way. Elegant exit is impossible for xbmc atm. The lockup on exit is most likly caused by an addon not behaving right on shutdown.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-02-23, 07:18)cdlenfert Wrote: I have an app on my iphone that turns it into an Airplay Speaker. Since the latest Atv firmware supports Airplay out, I could run the app on my phone, plug in some sweet headphones, and have a great movie playing with sick audio, and not disturb anyone.

This really is an awesome feature and it works great on the native ATV software (OS 5.2.) Perfect A/V sync. I got a Roku 3 for its faster UI and private listening feature, but once this is setup for an AppleTV (with the AirPlay speakers being a handheld iOS or Android device) it's pretty much the same thing! Love it, it's awesome.

Support inside XBMC for AirPlay audio output would be sublime.

(2013-03-12, 08:30)Memphiz Wrote: respring is the normal way. Elegant exit is impossible for xbmc atm. The lockup on exit is most likly caused by an addon not behaving right on shutdown.

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it! Keep up the AMAZING work. You rock!
(2013-03-12, 10:00)Fofer Wrote: Support inside XBMC for AirPlay audio output would be sublime.

Not gonna happen Wink
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=155553
I have a keyboard from Apple, and when I want to write something such as this does not work Icefilms space. Can we do something about it?
Reformulate your question please.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I just updated to ATV 5.2/iOS 6.x and updated to XBMC v12 and experiencing a lot of lag when navigating between screens. I have smb shares added as media sources and when I go between sections or folders it will hang for about 3 to 5 seconds before going to it. Using naviX is virtually impossible because of the time it takes to navigate to the desired section.

Anyone else experienced this lag?

Update : just updated to the most recent nightly and the lag is no longer present. I will run it longer tomorrow when I get more time.
try 12.1 maybe if you want to stay on released versions.
Yeah I went back to 12.1 the nightly wasn't playing well with add on's. I will see how this runs. Thanks

(2013-03-26, 12:50)Memphiz Wrote: try 12.1 maybe if you want to stay on released versions.
(2013-03-14, 16:58)maly95 Wrote: I have a keyboard from Apple, and when I want to write something such as this does not work Icefilms space. Can we do something about it?

I have the same issue...

What he was trying to say was that when using a bluetooth keyboard, the spacebar does not work...

If you was do a search within an add-on for a film/movie, if the film/movie has a space in the name the keyboard does not understand the key?

i.e

When entering a search "Reel Steel", when using the bluetooth keyboard it would input "RealSteel"

I don't believe this is an add-on problem, but more of a key mapping problem ofc I could be wrong.

EDIT: Due to causing an infraction with the forum rules.
(2013-04-06, 20:51)MrLashed Wrote: When using either Icefilms or 1Channel and search for "Reel Steel", when youusing the bluetooth keyboard it would input "RealSteel"

I don't believe this is an add-on problem, but more of a key mapping problem ofc I could be wrong.

Just so you know, we don't allow discussion/support for Icefilms or 1Channel because they violate our forum rules (wiki) on blatant piracy content. You might want to find some better examples.
(2013-04-06, 20:53)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-04-06, 20:51)MrLashed Wrote: When entering a search for "Reel Steel", when youusing the bluetooth keyboard it would input "RealSteel"

Just so you know, we don't allow discussion/support for Icefilms or 1Channel because they violate our forum rules (wiki) on blatant piracy content. You might want to find some better examples.

My apologies.

However this problem with or without the content I used is still an issue, could you perhaps look into this?

EDITTonguerevious post has now been corrected.
does it also happen when using the filter or search function of xbmc core?
(2013-04-07, 00:45)Memphiz Wrote: does it also happen when using the filter or search function of xbmc core?

I will test this shortly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on ATV2 5.2 / iOS 6.x support added5