XBMC on ATV2 5.2 / iOS 6.x support added
(2013-02-22, 19:41)barberio Wrote:
(2013-02-22, 19:25)baruchin Wrote:
(2013-02-22, 19:05)barberio Wrote: Actually, it's gone from having around 19M inactive with xbmc running on 5.x to 37M inactive in 6.x, and a moderate reduction in the CPU use. Still not enough to playback styles subtitles without stuttering or crashing out due to memory overflow.

So you're saying that it's better now with iOS 6.x (Apple TV 5.2) than with iOS 5.x (Apple TV 5.0.2)?

Only marginally. You still can't get good playback with styled subtitles, and this doesn't change the hardware video acceleration capabilities. 1080i AVC is still unplayable, 10bit AVC is going to cause you problems. But it does look like Apple have trimmed the fat a bit in this update.

So far I'd say that if like me you still use your ATV2 for Apple services, there doesn't yet appear to be a significant downside in going from 5.0.2 to 5.2.

And if I use it for XBMC only purposes? Same?
Hi, i am a Noobie not a Hacker Smile could you please explain how i get XBMC on my ATV2 6.0?

I got Nito TV on it ans i tried to install Xbmc but i havent worked.

Thx 4 help Smile
(2013-02-22, 21:04)Zitr0wne Wrote: Hi, i am a Noobie not a Hacker Smile could you please explain how i get XBMC on my ATV2 6.0?

I got Nito TV on it ans i tried to install Xbmc but i havent worked.

Thx 4 help Smile

Check the wiki. There's a noob proof guide there
(2013-02-22, 15:43)Memphiz Wrote: @VladTepz yep the apt-get upgrade is a bad idea since it will update other libs and might screw the system.

Imho a straight update/install would go with

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2

Hi Memphiz, can you just clear this up for me please.

To prevent the mobilesubstrate issue on a fresh install should I simply use what you posted above or actually use all the commands below from the Wiki?

Code:
apt-get install wget
wget -O- http://apt.awkwardtv.org/awkwardtv.pub | apt-key add -
echo "deb http://apt.awkwardtv.org/ stable main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/awkwardtv.list
echo "deb http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/atv2 ./" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/xbmc.list
apt-get update
mkdir -p /Applications/AppleTV.app/Appliances
apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
mkdir -p /Applications/XBMC.frappliance
reboot
Depends on the used jailbreak - i only Tested snowbreeze - my commands are enough there - can't speak for seasonpass...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks, I'll test Seas0nPass (Mac) now and report back then...

EDIT: Those two commands you posted seem to work just fine with Seas0nPass for Mac, I am currently scanning my Library in a fresh install of XBMC on the latest iOS
for those having problems with mobile substrate dependency,

If you are using Seas0nPass, but don't use their other software (FireCore), please make sure that you have NitoTV installed.

this is what was happening with me. I installed NitoTV, and everything else went perfectly!

for those (like me) that need the steps to install nitoTV - http://iphoneblogr.com/2010/10/how-to-in...ple-tv-2g/
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
I can reproduce the problem with the bluetooth keyboard. Its the keyboard icon which appears on atv2 (when not running xbmc). Basically what happens is that the keyboard gets into stand by. When you then reuse it it reconnects to appletv2 bluetooth server. In that moment that strange icon appears (you can't see it its "behind" xbmc). In the moment that icon dissappears - XBMC looses the complete OpenGL UI. Its still running in the background (e.x. if you listen to music it would still play it and if you use some sort of remote app you are still able to control it - but its invisible *g*).

Have to dig a bit for getting an idea on how to fix this. For now - don't use bluetooth or ensure your keyboard doesn't suspend Wink.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2013-02-22, 19:55)baruchin Wrote:
(2013-02-22, 19:41)barberio Wrote: So far I'd say that if like me you still use your ATV2 for Apple services, there doesn't yet appear to be a significant downside in going from 5.0.2 to 5.2.

And if I use it for XBMC only purposes? Same?

If you're still on 4.x, I'd suggest staying there. And if not, wait a while to see if there are any big issues before you upgrade.
As usual I couldn´t keep my fingers away and just had to update when I saw this thread.
And as usual, everything worked flawlessly (I love to troubleshoot and tinker, this is just to easy! Wink ).
Awesome work!

One question, perhaps not correct forum, but anyway; I did not install Nito or anything else. Do I need to install anything to keep atv2 away from updates?
I used seas0npass (and yes, it worked with solely the install command).
Fixed the bluetooth problem. Fix will be available in next nightly build and in Frodo 12.1.

If you wanna stay on Frodo 12.0(-1) then you should prevent bluetooth keyboard connection during XBMC runtime (the connection triggers a popup of ios which will make XBMC 100% transparent when the popup disappears).
Wow Awesome!!!!
Great thank you!
Very cool. I was just wondering if XBMC would work with this yesterday. Talk about timely. I'm on 4.4.4 and trying to decide if I should update or not. I'll save SHSH blobs and whatnot, but figure a downgrade would be a pain. The main reason I think updating would be awesome is because I have an app on my iphone that turns it into an Airplay Speaker. Since the latest Atv firmware supports Airplay out, I could run the app on my phone, plug in some sweet headphones, and have a great movie playing with sick audio, and not disturb anyone. It just occurred to me that XBMC probably doesn't support airplay audio out, and it's only the main ATV firmware for now. I also don't really know if video and audio sync well in that setup. Any early testers care to fill me in, or devs care to chime in on Airplay out w/video sync coming anytime in the future?
Where am i suppose to put my advancedsettings.xml and mediasources.xml
now after uppgrading to ios 5.2?
i tried here: /private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/userdata
but no luck..
(i copied my playlists folder there to and i can se my favourites in xbmc but cant get it to read the advancedsettings.xml and mediasources.xml

the old path was /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC i think..
but now there is no /xbmc directory there..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on ATV2 5.2 / iOS 6.x support added5