XBMC on ATV2 5.2 / iOS 6.x support added
@ mcfrojd
It should be the same as before, at least it is for me...?
(2013-02-23, 12:16)mcfrojd Wrote: Where am i suppose to put my advancedsettings.xml and mediasources.xml
now after uppgrading to ios 5.2?
i tried here: /private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/userdata
but no luck..
(i copied my playlists folder there to and i can se my favourites in xbmc but cant get it to read the advancedsettings.xml and mediasources.xml

the old path was /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC i think..
but now there is no /xbmc directory there..

you have run xbmc at least once haven't you?
Memphiz, you kick ass :D
(2013-02-23, 13:50)danfozzy Wrote: you have run xbmc at least once haven't you?

I had, but somehow i had to refresh the folder i filezilla before i showed up..
I believe the wiki needs an update, the xvmc preferences appear in a different path. advanced settings.xml now needs to be in
/var/mobile/library/preferences/xbmc/userdata

not /private/var anymore
(2013-02-22, 14:21)Memphiz Wrote: @Steverae - the problem we had (and the lot of work i had to do) for making xbmc compatible with ios 5.2 on atv2 really suggests that apple took 10 steps away from doing a SDK tbh. (it was much more "SDK" - like in the older ios versions for atv2).
Memphiz, you should share this info with some of the big iOS news sites (e.g., MacRumors, engadget, etc.). This is saddening to hear, but I can't really say I'm totally surprised. I think that now that Apple has such a dominating position in the market, they're going with the "approved" app/channel approach for the ATV. Whether this is because it's their preferred approach, or if it's a concession they're making to big networks/studios in order to ensure access to TV shows / movies through iTunes (and possibly other subscription models down the line), who knows.

(2013-02-22, 19:41)barberio Wrote: Only marginally. You still can't get good playback with styled subtitles, and this doesn't change the hardware video acceleration capabilities. 1080i AVC is still unplayable, 10bit AVC is going to cause you problems. But it does look like Apple have trimmed the fat a bit in this update.
AVC = VC-1, correct? I believe the ATV can't do smooth HD MPEG-2 either, correct?

A couple of questions (to anyone): I've got one jailbroken ATV2 still running an older version of iOS.  If I wanted to update it to a new version of iOS and still have it jailbroken, what are the steps involved?  I've also got a couple of ATV2's that I don't think I ever got around to jailbreaking and probably got updated to a recent iOS version.  If I want to jailbreak those, what is my best option? FWIW, I think at this point I just want to sell them due to the limitations noted above, so if I'm looking to maximize their eBay value, I'm guessing I need to jailbreak them and install XBMC on them before selling them on eBay, right?
(2013-02-23, 16:12)ipodfan Wrote: I believe the wiki needs an update, the xvmc preferences appear in a different path. advanced settings.xml now needs to be in
/var/mobile/library/preferences/xbmc/userdata

not /private/var anymore

Nop i guess not:

Quote:ls -al /var
lrw-r--r-- 1 root admin 12 Feb 18 21:16 /var -> private/var/

Its the same dir ... /var is a link to /private/var - nothing changed there for current ios versions.

Maybe your ssh client is wonky and not able to follow linked directories...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi,

First of all let me thank all the great minds who are making sure XBMC runs perfectly on AppleTV (and other platforms).
Great work, Kudos to you guys.

Now let me put my question: Does XMBC is able to utilize the latest airplay feature introduced in 5.2 (stream audio from apple TV to airplay enabled speakers)?
Is it possible to send Audio to my airport express while using XMBC?
I have upgraded to 5.2 for this feature only (i dont care about the Bluetooth keyboard at all) and this feature works just great when i use airplay from my phone or laptop.
Unfortunately it does not when i use XBMC Sad
I found a useless workaround as well for this: Enable Airplay on your AppleTV then play music on AppleTV (by browsing shared itunes library) then pause it, open XBMC and then play movie, the audio will play out from airplay enabled speakers (via airport express). The problem with this method is that there is a significant delay in audio (audio - video sync issues).
I looked but there was no place where i could fix audio-video lag.

Am i the only one who is facing this issue?
Is there some patch that i can use to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Regards
Piyush
Im with piyush2112!
I would love to use XBMC sending the audio to my airplay compatible speakers.

On 5.2, netflix is compatible and the vídeo and audio keep synced.

That would be the only reason for me to upgrade...

(2013-02-23, 20:46)piyush2112 Wrote: Hi,

First of all let me thank all the great minds who are making sure XBMC runs perfectly on AppleTV (and other platforms).
Great work, Kudos to you guys.

Now let me put my question: Does XMBC is able to utilize the latest airplay feature introduced in 5.2 (stream audio from apple TV to airplay enabled speakers)?
Is it possible to send Audio to my airport express while using XMBC?
I have upgraded to 5.2 for this feature only (i dont care about the Bluetooth keyboard at all) and this feature works just great when i use airplay from my phone or laptop.
Unfortunately it does not when i use XBMC Sad
I found a useless workaround as well for this: Enable Airplay on your AppleTV then play music on AppleTV (by browsing shared itunes library) then pause it, open XBMC and then play movie, the audio will play out from airplay enabled speakers (via airport express). The problem with this method is that there is a significant delay in audio (audio - video sync issues).
I looked but there was no place where i could fix audio-video lag.

Am i the only one who is facing this issue?
Is there some patch that i can use to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Regards
Piyush
Hi,

Am i the only one who is suffering from this issue?
Please let me know if this is an issue because ideally if XBMC is using the default audio output device it should/could be able to utilize the AirPlay capability provided by AppleTV software 5.2.
In case this is a feature request then let me know and ill try to post this on the feature request thread.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards
Piyush
(2013-02-23, 00:33)Memphiz Wrote: Fixed the bluetooth problem. Fix will be available in next nightly build and in Frodo 12.1.

If you wanna stay on Frodo 12.0(-1) then you should prevent bluetooth keyboard connection during XBMC runtime (the connection triggers a popup of ios which will make XBMC 100% transparent when the popup disappears).

I just updated my jailbreak on Friday night to the latest one along with the latest version of XBMC. I've had XBMC lock up at least 5 times now when connecting the keyboard. Am I missing the fix somehow? Thanks!
(2013-03-04, 06:54)chevyman142000 Wrote:
(2013-02-23, 00:33)Memphiz Wrote: Fixed the bluetooth problem. Fix will be available in next nightly build and in Frodo 12.1.

If you wanna stay on Frodo 12.0(-1) then you should prevent bluetooth keyboard connection during XBMC runtime (the connection triggers a popup of ios which will make XBMC 100% transparent when the popup disappears).

I just updated my jailbreak on Friday night to the latest one along with the latest version of XBMC. I've had XBMC lock up at least 5 times now when connecting the keyboard. Am I missing the fix somehow? Thanks!

As Memphiz stated, this was fixed in the Feb 23 nightly. If you want this to be fixed install a nightly build, or, you can wait when 12.1 is released (around June that is).
oh, before June. We typically don't give out ETAs, but 12.1 will be out hopefully within a month or so.
(2013-03-04, 08:54)Ned Scott Wrote: oh, before June. We typically don't give out ETAs, but 12.1 will be out hopefully within a month or so.

I wrote it based on this. But those are great news then
(2013-02-23, 18:06)Scott R Wrote: A couple of questions (to anyone): I've got one jailbroken ATV2 still running an older version of iOS.  If I wanted to update it to a new version of iOS and still have it jailbroken, what are the steps involved?  I've also got a couple of ATV2's that I don't think I ever got around to jailbreaking and probably got updated to a recent iOS version.  If I want to jailbreak those, what is my best option? FWIW, I think at this point I just want to sell them due to the limitations noted above, so if I'm looking to maximize their eBay value, I'm guessing I need to jailbreak them and install XBMC on them before selling them on eBay, right?

I will buy them from you right now if you like Smile
Peace,
Fritz Boyle

NVIDIA Shield

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on ATV2 5.2 / iOS 6.x support added5