Smb Wrapper For Xbmc with external Player
(2013-05-01, 23:23)netghoster Wrote:
(2013-04-30, 22:32)nikagl Wrote:
(2013-04-30, 22:14)netghoster Wrote: I tried both BSplayer free and MXplayer free. None of them worked. I tried both 1080P and 720P mkv's All the same, can't play.

Three more questions:

1. They do play directly from BSplayer?
2. You have supplied the username and password for the source you are using? So your sources.xml should contain something like "smb://username:password@hostname/sharename"...
3. Did you check xbmc.log for errors? See advanced section here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Log_file

Regards,

Nika.

1. Yes. All videos played well directly from BSPlayer or MXplayer.
2. Yes. I have the username and password for the server.
3. Not yet. Will turn on the debug mode and check the log tonight.

Did you ever figure this out? I run into the same issue. MX Player fires up when starting a video but then reports it can not play the video. Perhaps the SMB wrapper is not working as it is supposed to. Proper work around for me is to use cifs manager to mount my SMB shares. MX Player is then able to play from the shares with no problems at all.
I keep getting the this file cannot be played error. Does anybody have this working on a password protected SMB share?
I was thinking a wrapper like this should work in two parts, one - the wrapper that redirects 192.168.xxx.xxx to a locally mounted cifs share...and the cifs manager that actually mounts the smb share as a "local" share. I'm not a programmer, but I in my terms:
CIFS: mount 192.168.xxx.xxx/Videos as /mnt/Videos
data in to wrappper: 192.168.xxx.xxx/Videos/Movies/Bubba's Barney Cartoon.mp4
data out of wrapper: /mnt/Videos/Movies/Bubba's Barney Cartoon.mp4
Then I'm thinking we don't have to worry about which video player we're using as it would all look local AND those of us could still use our central databases (or I'd just have sources listed as cifs instead of SMB)
Thank you, it is working perfect on my 4.1.1 MK809II with stock ROM.

I have only a problem, which is quite annoying, if I use an external player like mxplayer and XBMC remote on my sg2, when I start the player I lost the control of the video on my phone I cannot pause, stop, exit the player until the movie finishes.

is there any solution for this?

thanks
Never mind
First off, birdyisme thank you very much for the smbwrapper! When I initially ran into this problem it helped me a great deal!

Secondly, I've discovered an easier method (for me anyways) to achieve the same results as your wrapper. You can use a cif manager to create a ghost file path on your android that actually goes to your smb. You can then tell XBMC to use that CIF path as ur source folder which in turn tells MX Player the ghost file path and not an SMB file path. Read below:

It took me 3 easy steps to accomplish this:
1) Install and Configure CifsManager
2) Set up video source from within XBMC to your newly created CIF
3) Set up playcorefactory.xml to associate whatever media files with whatever player of your desire (for me, MX Player)

Detailed instructions:
  1. Install and Configure CifsManager

a) installed from google play store or apk file
    b) open CifsManager and {Add New Share...}
    c) I configured my share as such:
    ...............SharePath: 192.168.0.199/SharedFolder
    ...............MountPoint: /sdcard/PC/
    ...............Username: YourPCUserName
    ...............Password: YourPCPassword
    ...............Options:
    .....then press {Save Share}
    .....note1*: my SharedFolder contains subfolders for TV Shows and Movies
    d) go to CifsManager {Settings...} and enable [Load cifs module] so it loads whenever u restart ur device.
    e) mount ur share by clicking on it if you haven't done so already (u only need to do this now, in the future it will auto mount)

2. Set up video source from within XBMC to your newly created CIF
    note2*: I am using XBMC 13.0-BETA4 Git: 2014-Apr-18 -4540f80 on a ARM android

a) go to VIDEOS > Files > Add Videos...
    b) Press {Browse} and navigate to:
    ..........Root filesystem > sdcard > PC > TV Shows (or whatever path of folders to get to ur specific folder)
    .....press {OK}
    c) change name to whatever you want, I chose "TV Shows_cif" and press {Okay}
    d) select content type, for me it would be (TV Shows) and press {OK}
    e) if prompted, scan for new content to add to library
    .....note3*: after it scans XMBC should add TV Shows to your main menu

3. Set up playcorefactory.xml to associate whatever media files with whatever player of your desire (for me, MX Player)
    .....Instructions on how to create your playercorefactory.xml can be found on the wiki, here

.....This is how my playercorefactory.xml looks, it's very simple:

<playercorefactory>
    .....<players>
    ..........<player name="MX Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
    ....................<filename>com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad</filename>
    ....................<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
    ....................<playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
    ..........</player>
    .....</players>
    .....<rules action="prepend">
    ..........<rule filetypes="mkv" player="MX Player" />
    ..........<rule videoresolution="1080" player="MX Player" />
    .....</rules>
    </playercorefactory>]

4. That's it! Restart your XBMC to load the new playercorefactory and then when you click on an MKV or a file that's 1080p it will load seamlessly with MX Player (since mp4's and 720p files play fine with the default DVDPlayer in XBMC 13beta4 2014-Apr-18 release)
Sorry about the .... everywhere, couldn't figure out a way to indent.

Hope this was helpful Smile Also I'm sorry if this is sorta high-jacking your thread, I mean no disrespect.
I've created a new wrapper: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=192651
The solution with http stream is not good to link XBMC with external players... The solution of mount remote file system like local file system above is better because it goes in the root of the problem and we don't have to worry about problems in the upper layers (subtitle delays, audio sync types, etc.). But if you want to develop this solution you have to do better because some videos aren't playing with audio or subtitle.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smb Wrapper For Xbmc with external Player1