Smb Wrapper For Xbmc with external Player
New version (not fully tested !!!)

http://depositfiles.com/files/nwrdnnyxx

Much cleaner code (this is my first android app, sorry)
You can now select the player to launch (for billbmsn)
Password protected support ! (the wrapper read Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/passwords.xml, select save password in XBMC)
(2013-03-04, 20:53)birdyisme Wrote: Much cleaner code (this is my first android app, sorry)

Any chance you can post the code as well?
Hi,

I have a MK809ii mini android device with XBMC installed on Finless 1.7b rom. I have installed your file and when run it gives the option of installing playerfactory, you can then choose the default player from MXpro, Rockplayer, MX. I also have archos player and wondershare installed on my device but these do not appear. When I setthe app to choose Rockplayer or MX player everyfile I open in XBMC is ran with that player. I was under the impression that I would get an option to choose a different player everytime I opened a file. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any assistance
Hello,

I'm trying to use this, but I failed somewhere.
I used a android stick mk808b.(rooted)

Why I need it : because xbmc android doesn't play correctly HD movies
So I tried by myself to launch an external player ( BSplayer free ) with my own playercorefactory.xml.
My file :

<playercorefactory>
<players>

<!-- BSPlayer Free definition -->
<player name="BSPlayerFree" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<!-- Android intent -->
<filename>com.bsplayer.bspandroid.free</filename>
<!-- Hide XBMC -->
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<!-- After 2 minutes bump the play count of the item in XBMC -->
<playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
</player>

</players>
<!-- Rules for which external player to use -->
<!-- MX Player Free is default
change player= value to one of the above names to change this -->
<rules action="prepend">

<rule filetypes="mkv" player="BSPlayerFree">
<rule filename=".*720.*|.*1080.*" player=" BSPlayerFree" />
</rule>
<!-- Video files -- Default rule (last to ensure above trigger first -->
<rule video="true" player=" dvdplayer" />
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

It's easy :
for all movies : use the default player,
If it's a mkv file in 720 or 1080p, launch BSplayer.

It works only with upnp source, not samba shares.
So I mount my samba share on my stick with CIFSmanager. But I have the same problem....

And I found this topic....

I have installed xbmc frodo from xbmc. ( the lastest one ), installed the lastest link for smbwrapper.apk.
I launched it, select mxplayer free and applied the playercorefactory.xml. ( I checked, it's in the right place )

I launched XBMC, add a smb source, I can select an other player : steph (default) or dvdplayer.
With dvdplayer it works, but nothing happen with steph :/

In the playercorefactory, there is a link to "com.birdy.smbwrapper". I don't find it :/ Where is he ? I want to check.

Thanks.
Hi,

I installed this great app, and it works really great. I just have a problem, that it XBMC has smbwrapper as default player, and I'd like the internal DVD player as default, and smbwrapper/MX player as secondary. This is because I noticed MX Player doesn't support online subtitls by now.

If this isn't possible, I'd like to use Bs player or Archos player in the xml file, so I could use them instead. I tried to edit the xml file myself, but I didn't get it to work. Mx player was mentioned only once in the file, and changing it to BSplayer didn't have any impact at all.
Did anybody get the Wrapper working with BSPlayer successfully? I looked into the playercorefactory.xml

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="StephWrapper" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>com.birdy.smbwrapper</filename>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
</player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
<rule protocols="smb" name="StephWrapper" />

<rule dvdimage="true" player="StephWrapper"/>

<rule protocols="rtmp" player="StephWrapper"/>

<rule protocols="rtsp" player="StephWrapper" />

<rule protocols="sop" player="StephWrapper" />

<!-- Internet streams -- Disabled for now -->
<!--<rule internetstream="true" player="MXPlayerFree" />-->

<rule video="true" player="StephWrapper"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

I guess the wrapper define itself as the default external player, StephWrapper. Then It call the actual the external player MXplayer. How can I redefine the actual player ad BSplayer? When I installed the wrapper, I can only select MX player ad, MX player pro, or rockplayer.

TIA for any help on this.
every time i run this via xbmc using the playercorefactory file it says "could not play file" but when i run it via ES File Explorer it works fine... help?
same here, would love to get it to work with BSPlayer (Free or Full). It says the external player is active but nothing happens...
Ok, I did some more testing! Here's the results:

First off, Stéphane - very good job!! This is the only way I got SMB to correctly work so far!

First version I preferred the way to select the player. It opens from XBMC and then you can choose which is your player of preference. This first bit already delays a few seconds, but is fine. But with both BSPlayer and MXPlayer it somehow delays for at least 30 seconds. With the standard gallery video player and ES Media Player it works fine.

Last version is perfect with MXPlayer, but you cannot select BSPlayer. Also your configuration XML does not allow to add custom players, like theplayercorefactory xml does. It would be nice to be able to choose the player like in the first version, or add players to the xml manually so I can try it with BSPlayer.

Btw, I like BSPlayer so much, because it's the most advanced player at the moment. It has subs support including downloading them (!) and all other stuff MXPlayer has.

Last but not least, in my case I had to make sure I add the password to the source I use to access the files (with smb://username:pass@). Possibly a good solution for other as it didn't work otherwise...

Regards,

Nika.
Btw, it would be a good practice to start numbering your versions:

SmbWrapper-2013-02-09.apk
SmbWrapper-2013-02-16.apk
SmbWrapper-2013-02-20.apk (the one were you also provided the source)
SmbWrapper-2013-03-04.apk

Any new releases last month?

Smile

Regards,

Nika.

Last but not least, I now also tested the SmbWrapper-2013-02-16.apk and SmbWrapper-2013-02-20.apk versions you provided. Both of them still have the old method of selecting the mediaplayer (very good Big Grin) but now the player (like BSPlayer) correctly and quickly starts after selecting it. That's all I needed Smile

Thanks again!

Regards,

Nika.
(2013-04-26, 23:17)nikagl Wrote: Btw, it would be a good practice to start numbering your versions:

Smile

Regards,

Nika.

Last but not least, I now also tested the SmbWrapper-2013-02-16.apk and SmbWrapper-2013-02-20.apk versions you provided. Both of them still have the old method of selecting the mediaplayer (very good Big Grin) but now the player (like BSPlayer) correctly and quickly starts after selecting it. That's all I needed Smile

Thanks again!

Regards,

Nika.

I tried all the previous versions. They all did the same: After I select no matter which player, it says "could not play file". The latest version works fine when I selected the MXplayer as the default player.

I am using iMito MX1 with finless 1.7b ROM and running the latest libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds
(2013-04-30, 18:13)netghoster Wrote:
(2013-04-26, 23:17)nikagl Wrote: Btw, it would be a good practice to start numbering your versions:

Smile

Regards,

Nika.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Nika.

I tried all the previous versions. They all did the same: After I select no matter which player, it says "could not play file". The latest version works fine when I selected the MXplayer as the default player.

I am using iMito MX1 with finless 1.7b ROM and running the latest libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds

I am using an MK808, with Finless 1.7c with latest libstagefright.so. Which player did you try? I have used BSPlayer Pro, not the free version...what type of video did you use? I only use other players for 720p video's, most other content runs fine from the default XBMC DVDPlayer...
(2013-04-30, 20:45)nikagl Wrote:
(2013-04-30, 18:13)netghoster Wrote:

Smile

Regards,

Nika.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Nika.

I am using an MK808, with Finless 1.7c with latest libstagefright.so. Which player did you try? I have used BSPlayer Pro, not the free version...what type of video did you use? I only use other players for 720p video's, most other content runs fine from the default XBMC DVDPlayer...

I tried both BSplayer free and MXplayer free. None of them worked. I tried both 1080P and 720P mkv's All the same, can't play.
(2013-04-30, 22:14)netghoster Wrote:
(2013-04-30, 20:45)nikagl Wrote:
(2013-04-30, 18:13)netghoster Wrote: I tried all the previous versions. They all did the same: After I select no matter which player, it says "could not play file". The latest version works fine when I selected the MXplayer as the default player.

I tried both BSplayer free and MXplayer free. None of them worked. I tried both 1080P and 720P mkv's All the same, can't play.

Three more questions:

1. They do play directly from BSplayer?
2. You have supplied the username and password for the source you are using? So your sources.xml should contain something like "smb://username:password@hostname/sharename"...
3. Did you check xbmc.log for errors? See advanced section here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Log_file

Regards,

Nika.
(2013-04-30, 22:32)nikagl Wrote:
(2013-04-30, 22:14)netghoster Wrote:
(2013-04-30, 20:45)nikagl Wrote: I am using an MK808, with Finless 1.7c with latest libstagefright.so. Which player did you try? I have used BSPlayer Pro, not the free version...what type of video did you use? I only use other players for 720p video's, most other content runs fine from the default XBMC DVDPlayer...

Three more questions:

1. They do play directly from BSplayer?
2. You have supplied the username and password for the source you are using? So your sources.xml should contain something like "smb://username:password@hostname/sharename"...
3. Did you check xbmc.log for errors? See advanced section here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Log_file

Regards,

Nika.

1. Yes. All videos played well directly from BSPlayer or MXplayer.
2. Yes. I have the username and password for the server.
3. Not yet. Will turn on the debug mode and check the log tonight.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smb Wrapper For Xbmc with external Player1