web browing the easy way?
XBMCUBUNTU FRODO: Is it possible to easily browse the web? If I should go to the Ubuntu desktop (to use Chrome), how do I get into the desktop?

Thanks for any tips!Smile
exit out of xbmc and you will get a login screen. Log into the xbmcbuntu session instead of the xbmc session. Use the username and password you set up when you installed xbmcbuntu.

(NB when you reboot the system will go into whatever session was open before you rebooted, so it pays to exit xbmcbuntu session and start an xbmc session before rebooting or closing down. WAF will be lowered if W gets a desktop instead of XBMC.)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
thanks nickr, will try and report back...! (LOL: just found out what WAF is!)
Yes, it worked. Thanks. But, how to enable sound on the desktop? I have sound in xbmc.

I tried the volume control settings (muting and un-muting), but to no avail.

Thanks for any tips!
How is your sound delivered? HDMI? Anything other than the default device will mean setting up an asound.conf.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks again. It is HDMI indeed (in XBMC something like SONY TV HDMI #3). Is there easy way without going into Linux difficulties?
It is not difficult, and well documented, eg

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1285320

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
web browing the easy way?0