Can I put a certain movie series into a set?
I just got the Harry Potter series but XBMC is showing them in alphabetical order instead of the actual order. Is there an easy way to organize them into the correct order?

Also, I've tried going into the settings and enabling "Put Movies into Sets" (or whatever it's called) but I don't want *every* series to be put into a set. I only want Harry Potter to be put into a set. Is there a way to only put the Harry Potter series into a set?

Also, I don't know the first thing about writing code and scripts and what not. I see on the wiki and on people's posts about nfo files and editing them... I don't know what an nfo file is or anything and I don't see any in my folders. Also I fear that even if I did have the nfo files I wouldn't know what to put in them to make what I want happen. Sad

Help please guys?
1st off create the .nfo files by exporting your existing database to seperate files. when you do this you will end up with a .nfo file for each movie in your libary.

manually edit the .nfo files and include the following tags with the appropriate label / title

<set>Harry Potter Collection</set> <--- this goes into each movies .nfo file

Then for each movie in the series add a sort title.. such as

<sorttitle>HP1</sorttitle>

then for the next movie in the series...

<sorttitle>HP2</sorttitle>

once you have added these you should then remove the items from your library then rescan the location and it should pick up the changes to the .nfo file.
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

Ok... So for each of the NFO files I put this at the very end of it, the names of the movies are exactly the same as how the files are named in the folder:

<set>Harry Potter Collection</set>
<sorttitle>Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone</sorttitle>
<sorttitle>Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets</sorttitle>
<sorttitle>Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</sorttitle>
<sorttitle>Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire</sorttitle>
<sorttitle>Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix</sorttitle>
<sorttitle>Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince</sorttitle>
<sorttitle>Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1</sorttitle>
<sorttitle>Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 (2011)</sorttitle>

I just tried removing the files from the library and having it rescan, but it's still showing each file individually.
2 things...

Have you enable in settings to show movies in sets?

You put multiple sorttitle tags in a single nfo file?
the sort title determines to order of sorting, not what is displayed within XBMC for the title of the movie.

and both <set> and <sorttitle> must be inbetween <movie> and </movie> tags

here is the example from the wiki...

Code:
<movie>
    <title>Hellboy - Uncut Extended</title>
    <set>Hellboy Collection</set>
    <sorttitle>Hellboy 1</sorttitle>
</movie>

Based on what you have said you'd done above, you only need 1 sorttitle entry per .nfo file as this is how XBMC will determine the sort order

So for the 1st Harry potter movie I'd have this...

Code:
<movie>
<sorttitle>Harry Potter 1</sorttitle>
</movie>

for the 2nd movie (in a seperate .nfo file I'd then have this...

Code:
<movie>
<sorttitle>Harry Potter 2</sorttitle>
</movie>
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

Ooooh I totally get it now. Thats awesome.

Yeah it was the whole multiple sorttitle in each NFO file thing messing it up. I understand why it only needs to be one per file now. I get it.

Thanks a lot guys!

EDIT: And now the rest of my library is organized and in the correct order too. =D Awesome

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I put a certain movie series into a set?0