[RELEASE] Video language script for audio & subtitle streams
Hi,
I wasn't around much last month so I guess I missed request for this.

I'd say that now there is no good way to pass data containing multiple entries/items (i.e. cast list, album's track list, subtitles/audio streams list) to skin. We usually hardcode some list id to fill it with items (cast / track list). We need to add some mechanism to automate control/items creation, for example:

Code:
<control type="grouplist">
    [...]
    <template end="$INFO[Window.Property(AudioLanguage.Count)]" begin="1" step="1"> <!-- begin and step could be optional -->
        <control type="image">
            <width>48</width>
            <height>48</height>
            <texture>$INFO[Window.Property(AudioLanguage.%d),flags/language/,.png]</texture>
        </control>
    </template>
    [...]
</control>
and/or
Code:
<control type="grouplist">
    [...]
    <template source="AudioLanguages">
        <control type="image">
            <width>48</width>
            <height>48</height>
            <texture>$INFO[Entry,flags/language/,.png]</texture> <!-- for complex types like cast things like Entry.ActorName, EntryRole could be used -->
        </control>
    </template>
    [...]
</control>
This could be used in grouplists and static containers. I remember there was idea like this before but I never got to do anything in this direction.

After having such mechanism in place it would be really easy to add access to audio/subtitles streams (plus it would allow some nice stuff to be done with VideoPlayer.Cast)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

My previous forum/trac nickname: grajen3

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Video language script for audio & subtitle streams - by pieh - 2013-02-11, 12:51
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Video language script for audio & subtitle streams3