• 5(current)
[RELEASE] Video language script for audio & subtitle streams
It doesn't install, logs doesn't say anything important
(log deleted)
I still have Frodo 12.0, can it be the cause? In which section of plugins should I see this script? Programs?

Edit: Hmm popup and log didn't show that script is instaled, hovewer I see it in ~/.xbmc/addons/script.videolanguage
OK seems to work, I don't see flags, but for example POL/AUX blinking so it seems it works, Thanx for help.
read forum rules!
never post log snippets on the forum
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
You won't see it in installed addons, it's one of those hidden addons like favourites script. Just install it from the zip and open some video info dialogs and see if the language labels show up.

And for further support ask in the skin thread please.
(2013-03-24, 13:41)`Black Wrote: The easiest way would be if XBMC could pick up local subtitles while scanning and adding them to the stream details. I won't add a check for local files because that's too slow and would need an extra db.

There's a PR from pieh which deals with the recognition of ext. subs' language : https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1365 .
I opened a PR at pieh's repo to store this info in the db some time ago. But I have never heard anything from him.
(2013-03-27, 15:01)ace20022 Wrote:
(2013-03-24, 13:41)`Black Wrote: The easiest way would be if XBMC could pick up local subtitles while scanning and adding them to the stream details. I won't add a check for local files because that's too slow and would need an extra db.

There's a PR from pieh which deals with the recognition of ext. subs' language : https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1365 .
I opened a PR at pieh's repo to store this info in the db some time ago. But I have never heard anything from him.

this seems te be exactly what i need to make it work for me. cause at the moment neither the video language or subtitle flag show up
We could try to create a patch of it and create your custom XBMC build and see if it works?

Edit:
I see that ace20022 and peih picked up the PR development, maybe better to wait to see how it turns out.
I must be missing some configuration detail, because the audio and subtitle flags show up in the info screen of my movies, but not for my tvshow episodes.
I use Aeon Nox (current GIT version)..
It only shows up if:

- The audio stream has a language defined (e.g. hdtv rips don't have that)
- The files have internal subtitles, script doesn't read external subtitles
(2013-05-18, 23:20)`Black Wrote: It only shows up if:

- The audio stream has a language defined (e.g. hdtv rips don't have that)
- The files have internal subtitles, script doesn't read external subtitles

I already figured out in the mean time that external subtitles don't get scanned, and noticed that @pieh had been working on some modifications to detect external subtitle files some time ago (no recent progress though).
The audio not being read surprised me, so I just checked a few downloaded mkv-files and they all had 'und' for the audio track language. Shouldn't have made the assumption they include language definition for the audio track... Confused

EDIT: So all I have to do now for the audiotracks is create a script running mkvpropedit (from mkvtoolnix) to change the language of all the audio tracks per tvshow from 'und' to the right language code. Big Grin
I accidentally entered this in the wrong thread (here)...
(2013-05-19, 22:14)RonM Wrote: I just noticed that the audio and subtitle flags displayed in movie info screen are ok, but when I scroll through the movies in showcase or similar view type, only the audio flag is shown at the bottom right, not the subtitle flag.
Just discovered this script and this is what I've been looking for for years in XBMC, a way to see onscreen what language the movie is in.

Works like a charm with Aeon Nox 4.1.9, now I jsut have to go throught all my MKVs and fix the "und" track languages.

thanks!!!!
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

Nice!

I'm wondering if in the future we'll be able to create TAGs/filter with library items that has external subtitle (only show subtitles items)
Today I keep tv-shows without subtitles in another folder and when my subtitle script find subs, it move to the specific tv-show folder and then I force a library scan.
(2013-03-07, 19:56)BugRaider84 Wrote: Well maybe I was a bit confusing...

I changed a couple of things in my aeon nox master skin folder. Mostly according to this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157923

While adding this particular script to my skin it changed of course that I can see now the audio language and the subtitle language but your script came with the country flag as well. At least since I changed it. The only thing I changed afterwards was to make them round too using another script according to the topic above.

Well now it looks like this:

As you can see there is a US country flag rounded just underneath the title. Maybe I got it wrong or I forgot a step in between so there is another reason for the country flag showing up but neurosis13 who created the mod for the colored icons told me as well that this script is responsible for the country flags. Or is there another script for that? did they already show up with the new git version of aeon nox master and I haven't seen it? Please help :-)

Hi, i'm trying to get that look but with Aeon in the GIT i only get 1 theme and its black. Can someone point me out on how to get the white one ?
Hope someone can help, since I can't get it to work:

I added this:
You have to add this to DialogVideoInfo.xml
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.videolanguage) + [Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(episodes)]">RunScript(script.videolanguage,movieid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onload>

under window and afterwards loads up XBMC but I can't see any language under movies info.

Can someone point me to where it goes wrong? I'm on AEON NOX.
Hi, can someone point me in the right direction please

I'm using this script in aeon mq5 and it works great except for one thing.
Lots of my videos have an undefined audio language, which is fine I can just change that in the database,
and when im looking through the videos in xbmc the languages and subtitles pop up exactly as I want.

However when I play a video, the entry in the database is overwritten with und again.

Ive looked through the code but I cannot see which part writes to the database?
Is this handled by another script?

Thanks in advance
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Video language script for audio & subtitle streams3