Win No 3D Bluray covers
I am using Aeon MQ3 2.0.1 Eden on a Windows 7 desktop. I have added the suffix "BlurRay" to all 2D Bluray ISO's as in the following example "Avatar (2009) BluRay.iso". Everything is working as designed and all of my 2D Blurays show Bluray cases and all of my DVDs show DVD cases. The problem that I'm having is that I have added the suffix "3DBD" to all my 3D ISOs as in this example "Avatar (2009) 3DBD.iso" and I get the Bluray case not the 3D case. What I'm trying to achieve is what is show on post 60 of this link.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119980&page=6

Any help would be appreciated. Please consider that I'm not Leo Laporte so dumb it down for me.

Thanks.
You need to name them with '3DBD' not '3DBR'.
My mistake. I did name them "3DBD". I edited my original post to reflect that. Thanks
Very strange. I use a different naming convention to yourself which is as follows:

Avatar.2009.1080p.3DBD.mkv (the definition is obviously surplus to requirements if you are storing iso's)

Perhaps you could try and rename some of your 3D movies as above and see if the skin recognizes the tag correctly?

Have you also considered upgrading to MQ4 at all?
I renamed some of my 3D movies as you suggested but I still get Bluray covers. I downloaded MQ4 2.8.0 and tried to install it from a zip file but got an error message stating "Dependencies not met". I tried to find MQ4 2.7.0 but was unable to locate the file. I am using Eden instead of Frodo because I couldn't get all the DVD/Bluray covers to show up on Frodo even after I uninstalled Eden and did a clean install of Frodo. I don't want to get off track but maybe some of the above info is important.

Thanks again for your time.
It shouldn't really matter if you are running FRODO or EDEN when it comes to case tagging. You would likely have to rescan/scrape the files you have renamed for the system to pick up the change though.

I've uploaded MQ4 1.7 for you here. Have a go with it. It's a little more in-depth that MQ3, but once you get used to it I think you'll find it's superb.
Samu. Thanks!!! I installed MQ4 and after a half hour looking for the settings page I was able to play with it and I think it is much better than MQ3. The upgrade however did not fix the problem however but I figured it out. On my hard drive I had two folders. One named BLURAY 2D and the other BLURAY 3D. Inside of the BLURAY 3D folder i stored all my 3D ISO's. As previously explained, I changed the name of all ISO's to include "3DBD" and rescaned but that didnt change the movie covers to the 3D style. When I renamed the main folder BLURAY 3D to "3DBD" however all the movies inside that folder had the correct 3D cover after the rescan. One more question. I would like to upgrade to Frodo but on two different computers most of the movie thumbnails were missing. I backed up all the movie data to "seperate files" so my thumbnails are stored in their respective movie folders. If I upgrade to Frodo with the MQ4 2.8.0 skin will my thumbnails still be missing?

Thanks again!
Glad you got it sorted in the end. In terms of the thumbnails issue (I assume you mean posters?) then as long as you have these residing in each specific movie folder, named poster.jpg then I can't see this being a problem.

I have my set up as follows and don't have any issues with artwork on Frodo or MQ4.

Movies (Folder)
|
|
poster.jpg
fanart.jpg
banner.jpg
logo.png
discart.jpg

If you are using the correct naming conventions and still have no posters then you could try re-scraping your source folders. I find the easiest way to do that is to change the scraper used on a particular source, it will then ask you if you want to re-scrape the folder, choose no. Then change the scraper back to the original and this time choose to re-scrape the folders. Failing that you could try deleting the thumbnails folder as well as the textures13.db. This will then force the system to re-scrape your artwork from those you have stored locally.

A couple of things to mention; depending on what platform you are using it may be better to completely wipe Eden from your system before upgrading to Fordo, and make sure you install MQ4 2.9.0 as 2.8 has a bug which doesn't show any fanart.

There’s quite a lot of info there, but hopefully it helps in some way.
Thank you for posting your solution abxnightpilot, just signed up to thank you! I just upgraded to v12 and lost all my 3d covers, was driving me nuts! Your solution worked perfect for me as well!
You are welcome. Glad it worked.
Hi,

I thought I would register and post my solution to topic at hand...
I tried renaming my main folder to 3DBD but I still had the blu-ray case...
So what I did was, I rename all my movie folders to "movie.name.(AVCHD_ISO).whatever.you.want"
That did the trick for me, I didn't rename the movie file, just the movie directory....
All my movie files are mkv, not sure if that could've been the issue...
I'm using Frodo with AEON NOX v4

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No 3D Bluray covers0