scrapping and video library issue
i use media center master to get my movie and tv show info,posters,fan art etc. MCM has an xbmc option that allows it to download and create compatible xbmc metadata.
When adding a source (Movies and or TV shows) to the video library a pop up comes up asking what type of source it is and what type of scrapper i want to choose. Since i have all my movie posters and fan art already scrapped from mcm, i want to choose None. But by doing so I and unable to get the separate menu option for Movies and TV Shows.
If i want to get the Movies and TV Shows i have to select what the directory contains AND choose a scrapper, which i do not need.
Is there any way to tell xbmc what the directory is without it having to use a scrapper?
I don't think it matters if you select tv (for tv shows) or movies (for movies) etc etc as I believe xbmc only uses (or falls back) onto the scraper if it can not find any local data (which you have) so you should be fine.

So just set the correct content, hit the "go" button and let it go crazy Smile
I had thought that too, but when i do enable the scrapper and look into the Appdata/roaming/xbmc/userdata/thumbnails folder i can see all the movie posters and fan art in there that i all ready have scrapped using mcm.
Yea, that's because xbmc still "imports" the data into the xbmc database from your local storage locations for cache purposes.

There's no wat around that I dont think. It's basically caching the data which allows faster loading, browsing of non connected drives/locations etc...

If you think it's scraping from out side sources, just block Internet access while importing your files to be sure, but that sounds like correct behaviour to me Smile
i will try blocking the internet and see what happens. For some particular movies i notice that it is using posters that were not scrapped using MCM but is using custom fan art that i had created which is only located on my drive and not on the internet.
Yea, I don't doubt you... I had a similar issue with Eden doing this a while back. It was ignoring my local data and pulling down new data.

My only resolution was to pull out the network card Smile ugly fix, but worked t that time.

It could be a naming issue Folder.jpeg vs folder.jpg etc can make a difference. Try a rescrape without a net connection and see how that goes. I'd be interested to know if it woks for you as it did for e back in Eden.

Since moving to frodo I removed my entire library, deleted all files (except my movie) and started from fresh. It was the only way to get consistent results. It was a headache, but it worked.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
scrapping and video library issue0