XBMCBUNTU hanging on shutdown/restart
Information 
I have an issue with a clean install of xbmcbuntu 12 and the system hanging when doing a reboot or shutdown. It seems to be random and does not happen every time.

Only things I have setup is LIRC for my remote, LCDPROC for my antec case and I connected it to my MYSQL database with my other OPENELEC 3.0 RC2 systems. I find even after pulling the system out of my mysql database that it still will freeze.

I had the system working perfectly fine with Windows 7.

Please advise. Thanks

Here is my log: LOG
Sad 
Hi,

Same problem on fresh minimal install on ubuntu 12.04.

I search for a long time an answer, apparently a bug on ubuntu... Someone have a solution ?

thanks.
Well it looks as if my issue has now been resolved. The problem is related to lirc, below is a link to the fix.

Reboot/Shutdown Fix
Is that fix only if you have LCDPROC?
I have the exact same problem but don't have LCDPROC installed

Thanks
Try the fix and see.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks
I tried to do it but I don't seem to have a file at /etc/init.d/lirc
Any ideas?
then you probably don't have lirc installed.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
i definitely do, cause i've had to configure my remote and have a folder in /etc/lirc
i just don't have a file at /etc/init.d/lirc

thanks
If you have xbmcbuntu it has lirc installed. lirc installs /etc/init.d/lirc.

SO you don't appear to have xbmcbuntu.
but i do have xbmcbuntu running on a zotac zbox, with xbmc 12 and a MCE remote working. my only problem is shutting down.
when i shut down from xbmc the screen freezes with the xbmc logo on the screen and the 4 dots below it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCBUNTU hanging on shutdown/restart0