• 2(current)
Consilium B: XBMC remote (unofficial remote)
(2013-02-19, 19:58)bobrap Wrote: Trying to run this without any luck. Every time I set the XBMC server, save, done...it crashes and exits the app. Any suggestions?

Hi,

I have installed the latest nighly build (20130221-56a7987) and could reproduce the issue. Found the problem it and fixed it. Rofl
I still would like to do some additional tests before submitting a fix. You never know.
Version 1.1 is already underway. As soon as apple approves this version, I will submit a new version.

The stable versions of Eden and Frodo should be working fine.
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
(2013-02-22, 11:27)rschiks Wrote:
(2013-02-19, 19:58)bobrap Wrote: Trying to run this without any luck. Every time I set the XBMC server, save, done...it crashes and exits the app. Any suggestions?

Hi,

I have installed the latest nighly build (20130221-56a7987) and could reproduce the issue. Found the problem it and fixed it. Rofl
I still would like to do some additional tests before submitting a fix. You never know.
Version 1.1 is already underway. As soon as apple approves this version, I will submit a new version.

Thanks, looking forward to the new releases.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2013-02-18, 17:03)rschiks Wrote:
(2013-02-13, 01:42)JohnVee Wrote: Great job guys, very nice remote! Smile

Just wanted to provide a little feedback on a few things I noticed.

1. The direction pad on the remote is very sensitive. I found that it often jumped more then one item on a single push.

2. Can you add the ability to hide the word "the" when scrolling though the library?

3. The Fast Forward and Rewind buttons only seem to do a 10 minute jump, instead of actually FF and RW

Other then that, It looks and works great!

For the next version I have done the following:
1. Should be a lot better now. I have tested it several times.
2. For movies and Series I have added sorttitle as an sorting option (available in Change view), e.g. The Bourne Identity is sorted as if it starts with a B.
3. This is now configurable via Settings (see screenshot below).

Oh very nice!

Thank you for the options. Looking forward to the new release as well.
(2013-02-12, 15:00)opeters Wrote: Nice remote works good.
Any plans for intergating the Live TV and Guide?

I have now a working XBMC installation with nextpvr as a back-end. I am currently playing with the data I am getting from XBMC and how to integrate that in the app. Laugh

So, it will come.
It looks very nice.
But for me only the episodes appears in Home Menu. And not all of the Thumbs were shown, only a few. Host is correct. On Constellation and XBMC Remote it works.
Recently added movies: No movies found!
Recently added albums: No albums found!

When i hit files, then i see in the folder root "Music" and "Video". But then i can't browse in all Video folders ^^

I use it on MacOS Mountain Lion and XBMC Frodo Stable.
1st: Mac Mini: Intel i5 2,6Ghz - 8Gb Ram - Intel Iris - 1Tb - MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3 - Kodi 19.0 - MySQL 8.0.13 (Server)
2nd: iMac 27": Intel i5 2,8Ghz - 12Gb Ram - AMD 5750 1024Mb GFX - 1Tb SSD - MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 - Kodi 19.0 - MySQL (Client)
3rd: Some Rasperries 
Server: Synology 916+
(2013-02-24, 12:16)MarkusK Wrote: It looks very nice.
But for me only the episodes appears in Home Menu. And not all of the Thumbs were shown, only a few. Host is correct. On Constellation and XBMC Remote it works.
Recently added movies: No movies found!
Recently added albums: No albums found!

When i hit files, then i see in the folder root "Music" and "Video". But then i can't browse in all Video folders ^^

I use it on MacOS Mountain Lion and XBMC Frodo Stable.

To be absolutely sure: Is XBMC also showing thumbs for the episodes your are missing thumbs for? Constellation has a local cache and could be using the thumbs from there.

At this moment I can't explain why the recently added movies and albums are not found. I have been testing with both the x86 and x64 versions of XBMC and found no problems.
I will have to dig a little bit deeper.
(2013-02-22, 16:18)bobrap Wrote:

Hi,

A new version (1.11) has been submitted!
(2013-02-12, 15:00)opeters Wrote: Nice remote works good.
Any plans for intergating the Live TV and Guide?

As you can see below, I am busy with integrating Live TV!

Version 1.11 has been approved and should be available shortly.

Hi,

Could you check if version 1.11 solves your problem.
Since version 1.2 is almost finished (Live TV & radio added), suggestions for a new version?
Just bought it. Some impressions:
+ Looks great
+ The UI is very intuitive
+ Browsing the sources is extremely fast.
- Episodes shows "No episodes found", which is funny because recent episodes shows the correct data
- Songs shows "No songs found". This is IMHO a timeout problem. My xbmc device is a raspberry pi which is compared to a Mac or a PC a very slow device. I can see that the raspberry pi is busy for minutes to handle that request, while the app has already mentioned no songs found. Btw, i own more that 800 CDs, makes about 8000 songs.

A feature that i miss in all ipad apps is the support for the favourites that xbmc (or Confluence) offer. I use the raspberry pi 90 percent of the time as internet radio device (per audio plugin) and the stream sources are configured as favourite. Opening such a favourite using an ipad app actually need to use them as remote and power on the TV. Kind of cumbersome.

My Version is 1.11
XBMC version is frodo
(2013-03-02, 16:39)Lordan Wrote: Just bought it. Some impressions:
+ Looks great
+ The UI is very intuitive
+ Browsing the sources is extremely fast.
- Episodes shows "No episodes found", which is funny because recent episodes shows the correct data
- Songs shows "No songs found". This is IMHO a timeout problem. My xbmc device is a raspberry pi which is compared to a Mac or a PC a very slow device. I can see that the raspberry pi is busy for minutes to handle that request, while the app has already mentioned no songs found. Btw, i own more that 800 CDs, makes about 8000 songs.

A feature that i miss in all ipad apps is the support for the favourites that xbmc (or Confluence) offer. I use the raspberry pi 90 percent of the time as internet radio device (per audio plugin) and the stream sources are configured as favourite. Opening such a favourite using an ipad app actually need to use them as remote and power on the TV. Kind of cumbersome.

My Version is 1.11
XBMC version is frodo

Could it also be that the "no episodes" message is also because of a time-out. The default is now 30 seconds.
"Recently added episodes" and "episodes" are two different xbmc api calls and I have limited the recently added episodes to 25 results. That could explain the different results.
I was thinking to make the time-out configurable via the settings. I could also remove it completely, but I find it better to display a message when it's taking to long. People are not that patient Big Grin
I am busy with version 1.2 so I will add the time-out setting in this version.

I will look into the favourite option.

Thanks for your purchase!
(2013-03-01, 22:58)rschiks Wrote:
(2013-02-22, 11:27)rschiks Wrote: Hi,

Seems to work fine. Thanks!

A few questions...Does this not support:
XBMC Movie Sets (Grouping by sets)
Watched, Unwatched, All views

Is it possible to add marking a series as watched by the series as a whole, by season and by episode?

Thanks again.Smile
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2013-03-02, 18:19)bobrap Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 22:58)rschiks Wrote:
(2013-02-22, 16:18)bobrap Wrote: Thanks, looking forward to the new releases.

Seems to work fine. Thanks!

A few questions...Does this not support:
XBMC Movie Sets (Grouping by sets)
Watched, Unwatched, All views

Is it possible to add marking a series as watched by the series as a whole, by season and by episode?

Thanks again.Smile

I will put the movie sets on my to do list and the watched and unwatched views. I am almost finished with version 1.2. So it will be in 1.3.
You can already mark a movie or episode as watched. You click the watched button (it's the button with the screen and people watching). For the possibility to mark a complete serie or season I have to check how exactly to do that. Not technically, but how to do that in the GUI, so people know that there is a way to do it.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Consilium B: XBMC remote (unofficial remote)1