Upgrading 2 systems using MYSQL
I've read that if i'm using MYSQL for my library that all systems accessing the library must be of the same version of XBMC.. That's cool..

My question is.. what happens if they are not?

As in.. i can't physically update them both at the same time.. there may be a few minutes between them being updated.. am i going to trash my database or should i pull the network cables until both are updated? (I'm currently on OpenElec 2.99.2 and plan to go to the next stable release when it comes out)

thanks for any advice
Each time XBMC updates it's mysql scheme it bumps database id, and all data is copied into new database. All database changes on not updated Pi will be lost as will be changing old database but not create a new one as it already exists.

Quick summary: As long you don't update the database on the second computer/Pi in between the updating, you are OK.
OK cool, this change to mysql is done automatically is it or will i have rescrape everything? Will it connect to my mYSQL instance, see that there was a DB there and just migrate the contents to it's new one?
(2013-02-12, 17:24)danmedhurst Wrote: OK cool, this change to mysql is done automatically is it or will i have rescrape everything? Will it connect to my mYSQL instance, see that there was a DB there and just migrate the contents to it's new one?

Automatically. Yes.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-02-12, 18:07)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-02-12, 17:24)danmedhurst Wrote: OK cool, this change to mysql is done automatically is it or will i have rescrape everything? Will it connect to my mYSQL instance, see that there was a DB there and just migrate the contents to it's new one?

Automatically. Yes.

Brilliant, thanks to you both.
One other point on this.. Are the images (fanart, thumbnails etc) stored in the database itself?.. so that should i wipe both my devices and point them back at the db, everything will look the same again?

Edit : nevermind.. i've just read that the way i'm working negates the need for this as i'm storing all the images alongside the files anyway.. so when a new system can't find them it just caches them locally from there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgrading 2 systems using MYSQL0