Release PopCorn TV plugin
Hi all,

I made a plugin to watch movies, concerts, series and sport events from PopCorn TV.

UPDATE: This plugin is available in the official XBMC repository.

Source code can be found at github:
https://github.com/nightflyer73/plugin.video.popcorntv/

Comments and suggestions are very welcome.

Bye!
interesting plugin, just installed through superrepo.
but each movie, in cinema section, give me an error.
"script filed"
i have also installed the frodo version of script.module.beautifulsoup, i'm on windows 7 and xbmc 12.1
i'm testing other section
Peppe
(2013-04-08, 16:15)peppe_sr Wrote: but each movie, in cinema section, give me an error.

Thank you for reporting this problem. The upstream HTML pages have been changed in the Cinema section and therefore my plugin broke.

I just released a new version to fix this issue. Let me know if it works fine.
(2013-02-12, 17:43)nightflyer Wrote: Hi all,

I made a plugin to watch movies, concerts, series and sport events from PopCorn TV.

Source code can be found at github:
https://github.com/nightflyer73/plugin.video.popcorntv/

You can also download a snapshot as a zip file containing all the code from github. Copy the root folder into the addons folder of xbmc (NB: each OS has its specific path)

Be sure to have script.module.beautifulsoup installed.

Comments and suggestions are very welcome.

Bye!
I'll try and let you know the feedback
(2013-04-08, 17:08)nightflyer Wrote:
(2013-04-08, 16:15)peppe_sr Wrote: but each movie, in cinema section, give me an error.

Thank you for reporting this problem. The upstream HTML pages have been changed in the Cinema section and therefore my plugin broke.

I just released a new version to fix this issue. Let me know if it works fine.

thank you, it works fine. Nod
Grazie.
Peppe

@uptown1982
you can download a simple zip file from github from the button called "ZIP".
the script.module.beautifulsoup is available here
http://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/xbmc/addons...-3.2.0.zip
Peppe
Error: Script failed !: plugin.video.popcorntv

When navigating to:
News > News, Gossip, TV, Telenovelas.....and all the rest in this section
I'm using Windows 7 x64 bit with XBMC 12.0 Complied on 28 Jan 2013
(2013-04-08, 17:44)uptown1982 Wrote: Error: Script failed !: plugin.video.popcorntv

When navigating to:
News > News, Gossip, TV, Telenovelas.....and all the rest in this section
I'm using Windows 7 x64 bit with XBMC 12.0 Complied on 28 Jan 2013

Thank you for reporting this issue. The "News" category was previously called "GenteTV" and it does not contains videos. I updated the addon to v1.0.2 not to show this category.
Hi,
using popcorntv plugin i noticed that if i try to go on with the video that is streaming it stops and come back to list.
is there the possibility to use different viewtype instead of thums. it seem that the link are not processed as videos? isn't so?
in plugins like "the trailer" i can use all the set of viewtype available for movies.
Peppe
(2013-04-09, 15:30)peppe_sr Wrote: Hi,
using popcorntv plugin i noticed that if i try to go on with the video that is streaming it stops and come back to list.

This maybe due to problems with the remote server. The addon is not responsible of the rtmp communication - it is directly handled by XBMC.

(2013-04-09, 15:30)peppe_sr Wrote: is there the possibility to use different viewtype instead of thums. it seem that the link are not processed as videos? isn't so?
in plugins like "the trailer" i can use all the set of viewtype available for movies.

The default viewtype is "list" and not "thumbs". You can, just like any other addon, use the left panel in XBMC and choose a different view.
(2013-04-09, 16:02)nightflyer Wrote: The default viewtype is "list" and not "thumbs". You can, just like any other addon, use the left panel in XBMC and choose a different view.

while writing the message i forget to mention list, i can use only list and thumbs no other viewtype like on some other addon.
here a video to explain using confluence......
http://youtu.be/fuOjCwvEics
could you see if it possible enable the utilization of other viewtypes.
Peppe
(2013-04-09, 17:01)peppe_sr Wrote: while writing the message i forget to mention list, i can use only list and thumbs no other viewtype like on some other addon.
here a video to explain using confluence......
http://youtu.be/fuOjCwvEics
could you see if it possible enable the utilization of other viewtypes.

You can't because the information needed is not grabbed from the site. It would be extremely slow to do so except, maybe, for the fanart.
ok thank you
Peppe
I've just pushed v1.0.3 to github. It just filters out some unusable categories.
I tried your plugin, it works fine except the "anime" section, on the site they have put some under episodes under "simulcast" and the plugin does not show them in the list, you may provide?
Thanks a lot !
(2013-08-04, 20:14)novecento Wrote: I tried your plugin, it works fine except the "anime" section, on the site they have put some under episodes under "simulcast" and the plugin does not show them in the list, you may provide?

Showing the "simulcast" episodes is trivial. The problem is that the streams seem unplayable by xbmc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PopCorn TV plugin1