Audio Engine on RaspPi 12
Tongue 
First things first, RaspPi works flawlessly...

My only concern is as follows... I run all movie audio source (DTS, DD, etc...) through HDMI. It connects to an Onkyo TX-NR818. Audio is passed to it for processing with no issues. If I keep the standard settings for DD and DTS Pasthrough, everything is fine. If, however, I activate the NEW Audio Engine, it only offers Analog and Fiber as Pasthrough options but no HDMI. Once I disable Audio Engine, I get the option back with HDMI for Passthrugh...

Has anybody faced this issue...?
That's why it's experimental and not enabled by default.
Why are you trying the new audio Engine I thought that was for if you wanted to use a USB sound card to send optical audio. You have a HDMI enabled reciever so no need for it!
Without Audio Engine, the only options for Audio Passthrough are DD and DTS. Once you enable Audio Engine, you get options for DDHD and DTSMA, etc... I am only looking for the ability to passthrough all formats to the receiver and without AE enabled, I do not see them on screen as options for Passthrough.

Correct me if I am wrong, this is my issue, according to what I see as options on screen...

TIA
(2013-02-13, 14:48)solrac3 Wrote: Without Audio Engine, the only options for Audio Passthrough are DD and DTS. Once you enable Audio Engine, you get options for DDHD and DTSMA, etc... I am only looking for the ability to passthrough all formats to the receiver and without AE enabled, I do not see them on screen as options for Passthrough.

Correct me if I am wrong, this is my issue, according to what I see as options on screen...

TIA

The raspberry pi can not pass HD audio it needs to have firmware done for it, this is the raspberry pi side not XBMC

see the raspberry pi site for more details

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewto...1&start=75
goujam:

I am very glad that you updated me on my quest... Now, the link you have provided has information on DTSMA; does it apply also for DDHD...?
Solrac3 I assume it does yes. Ive been waiting a while for it to happen and I expect it will be a while yet before we get HD audio pass through!
Case Closed... Thank You...!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Engine on RaspPi 120