Sound no picture?
I'm getting close to braking point!, having set up XBMC on two PCs sucessfully I wanted to get a "box" to interface with a TV. I started by looking at ATV units but didn't want to spend £200 plus for a jailbroken version 2, I started lookin for a v3, but there seems to be no jailbrake for that yet. So I've attemted to go down the raspberry Pi route.

Ive bought the latest Pi with 512Mb memory with all the bits and pieces, I also bought a SD card preloaded with openELEC and XBMC, the Pi software is version 2.99.2 I'm not sure what build the XBMC is, everything seemed to load up OK except my DVD film collection, over 2000 are held on a readyNAS in .ISO format, everything is fine on the PCs but on the Pi I get the list, if I select a film I get either to the main film or menu, I get the sound but no picture.

what do i need to get the picture? is it just an MPEG codec? A different version of Pi o/s?

What has realy driven me to dispair is reading in the FAQ's -

"DVD ISOs and DVD menu navigation is early in development and might not always work."

Shouldn't a statement like this be a sticky at the top of the forum in bright red capitals, not hidden deep in the FAQ, that you head to after you run into trouble?

Can anyone tell me what I need to get this thing working, converting 2000+ ISO files is NOT an option.

My sanity is in your hands.
(2013-02-13, 13:31)richmc Wrote: what do i need to get the picture? is it just an MPEG codec? A different version of Pi o/s?

You will need an MPEG2 licence to play DVDs (http://www.raspberrypi.com/).
DVD menus are experimental and may not work. Playing the main feature should be fine.
(2013-02-13, 13:55)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-02-13, 13:31)richmc Wrote: what do i need to get the picture? is it just an MPEG codec? A different version of Pi o/s?

You will need an MPEG2 licence to play DVDs (http://www.raspberrypi.com/).
DVD menus are experimental and may not work. Playing the main feature should be fine.

OK, now a basic question, to buy the key I need to get the Pi serial number. When I power up the Pi I get the comand prompt for a few seconds then it launches XBMC. How do I stop it launching so I can get to the command prompt? then how do I get it back again?
You can get the serial number from system info in xbmc
@richmc

exit from XBMC to get into terminal or SSH into it
(2013-02-14, 07:53)rikardo1979 Wrote: @richmc

The way it was set up when I exit from XBMC the Pi shuts down so that won't work un less you know a way of stopping it? and being a complete noob what is SSH?

But as Goujam pointed out to me it's in XBMC system info.
(2013-02-14, 09:58)richmc Wrote:
(2013-02-14, 07:53)rikardo1979 Wrote: @richmc

The way it was set up when I exit from XBMC the Pi shuts down so that won't work un less you know a way of stopping it? and being a complete noob what is SSH?

But as Joujam pointed out to me it's in XBMC system info.

Glad you found it! SSH is a way to use another computer to control another kind of like remote desktop. If you have a windows PC search google for Putty you can then control your raspberry pi from your pc. So if you wanted to watch your raspberry pi cpu usage while its playing a film you would log in with putty and type 'top' This will show the pi's resource shuch as cpu and memory usage!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound no picture?0