What are the reasons you don't submit your addon to official repo?
+1 on add-on stats (and ratings I guess). This would be very encouraging!

I have two in the official repo, and one out. The one that is out has had by far the most work, is the most useful, and probably the most generally interesting - but it has binaries in it. And I fully understand why it can't get in - almost a relief as I don't have to worry about translations etc. so much, or the embarrassment of my code.

Re: versions - for me, I am basically of a mind to make a new version bump for each release, so for Frodo - the I leave the old branch behind and neglected. It's a hobby so I can't be bothered looking at old versions, etc. If they break on Dharma or Eden - well, a shame, but there you go....upgrade, people, upgrade Wink

Also +1 on doing it with pull requests - that would be way better. Emails/mailing lists suck for this sort of thing!

My biggest beef is the way it works with skins and addons - I really want there to be some sort of way to replace skin files from an addon that is allowed, but can be reversed if they uninstall. So in the end - install and uninstall processes that let one do more advanced things without sever hackery. This would make it much easier to do some cool stuff in addons. I could hack this in my own addon repo of course, and I am tempted, but then there is a lot less exposure. But say with my weather addon, the wiki provides a link to a MyWeather.xml for a few skins - to enable some advanced features. Would be great if these could come with the addon, but that would not fly with the master repo I am sure.

(This ties into my general issue with addons / skins - standard font sizes and ability to plugin into skins more easily would be awesome!!)
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are the reasons you don't submit your addon to official repo? - by bossanova808 - 2013-02-15, 05:35
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What are the reasons you don't submit your addon to official repo?1