What are the reasons you don't submit your addon to official repo?
(2013-02-14, 19:35)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-02-14, 19:29)sphere Wrote: But I bet that you can increase the amount of add-ons in the official repository by adding advantages like a voting system and download statistics.
Addon stats will be after my holiday (will ask your help probably).
Ratings is something that needs to be well thought through but is also being discussed on how to work that out.
This would be really nice and I'm sure, more people would submit their addons.
Is it possible to publish the number of downloads of the latest version? Because the simplestats.xml (total downloads) is not really representative.

They seem to be already available (but not published) for the last 2 years:
(2011-05-05, 08:18)jmarshall Wrote: We have better numbers using analytics now. The plan is to use those for 2 metrics:
1. Total downloads.
2. Number of downloads of latest version (kicks in ~7 days after release of a new version).

(2013-02-19, 17:19)malte Wrote: Maybe we could have a versioning of these files like you already do with the databases. Allowing different versions of these static files being shipped with our addons (addon-12.xml, addon-13.xml, changelog-12.xml, ...)
Good idea! Because its really annoying to always have to push multiple versions. I planned to discontinue support for eden because of that...
Another solution: One addon.xml like before, but with multiple "requires" elements:
Code:
<requires>
  <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.0"/>
</requires>
<requires version="12">
  <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"/>
</requires>

Everything else is fine at it is for me... Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are the reasons you don't submit your addon to official repo? - by AddonScriptorDE - 2013-02-25, 18:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What are the reasons you don't submit your addon to official repo?1