IPTVSimple PVR-addon with XMLTV EGP
(2014-09-25, 14:44)avander Wrote: Thanks for the info John,
I'm not (knowingly) using either webgrab+plus or mc2xml and not sure what you mean by using these? I will do some research but think they are apps to take the Channel listing and/or the EPG and download to XBMC from their respective URLs? If so, then my XBMC / IPTV Simple Client setup is to retrieve both the URLs each time I start XBMC and then refresh them every 2 hours.
I am not caching them on my X7. As this is how mine is set up I guess it means that to resolve as you are suggesting I would have to update the TV Listings file every time I start XBMC which would not be very practical?
Please let me know if I have it wrong.
cheers,

I'm newbie at this.

Yes webgrab+plus and mc2xml are aplications that retrieve the EPG data ( 7 days or more ) from the respective online sources
they then produce a XMLTV compatable file that you can use on your local machines so they will all have the same data and not have to
go updating every hour.

So you are saying you get your EPG data from an external source ? ( allready prepared )
if you can find where its being kept on your XBMC machine then you can check the

Quote:programme start="20140924131500 +0000" stop="20140924140000 +0000" channel="BBC One">

info

Quote:my XBMC / IPTV Simple Client setup is to retrieve both the URLs each time I start XBMC and then refresh them every 2 hours.

How do you get it to refresh every 2 hours ? some sort of cron script ?

Quote:I would have to update the TV Listings file every time I start XBMC which would not be very practical?

You just said it updates at every boot and then every 2 hours now I'm confused Rofl

Messages In This Thread
Problem with HLS - by san77 - 2013-10-31, 17:23
Channel Logo issues - by cdonnie - 2014-03-28, 09:21
RE: IPTVSimple PVR-addon with XMLTV EGP - by john2001 - 2014-09-26, 06:05
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTVSimple PVR-addon with XMLTV EGP14