IPTVSimple PVR-addon with XMLTV EGP
(2014-05-12, 14:34)Gregoire Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 17:49)Sajk Wrote:
(2013-05-01, 10:52)CrimsonGT Wrote: Is it possible to set backup streams via the m3u file? When using "TV Guide" addon and .strm files, I could specify multiple streams in case one failed. It would be nice to be able to set a backup stream for this PVR and if the first one fails to load after X seconds, it falls back to use the second one instead.

Has there been any progress regarding this?

I was looking for a solution myself and I think I found a way to do this. You need a top-level and a second level m3u file. Here is how it works. First you make the second level m3u file in which you put all the links pointing to the same channel for instance like all the streaming links to BBC 1 (I never watch BBC but then everybody knows what I am talking about). You put the link with the highest resolution you like on top and work your way down to the one with the least resolution. Off course if you're smart you only take links that you know work most of the time. You call that one m3u file BBC_1.m3u" and store it somewhere where you can link to for instance your NAS with FOR INSTANCE ip-adres 192.168.1.107. Then you make the top-level m3u file in which you put the link to the second level m3u file. The line should read like this; http://192.168.1.107/BBC_.m3u.
It's a lot of work but this should work.

Good luck!

Your second level m3u, does it look exactly like the first one with all the tags or is it just a list with all the links?

Messages In This Thread
RE: IPTVSimple PVR-addon with XMLTV EGP - by Sajk - 2014-09-29, 20:22
Problem with HLS - by san77 - 2013-10-31, 17:23
Channel Logo issues - by cdonnie - 2014-03-28, 09:21
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTVSimple PVR-addon with XMLTV EGP14