Win Scraping VOB TV Shows for Dummies (That's Me lol)
I've been having a reoccuring headache whenever I backup my DVD TV shows because not only will they ONLY be registered in the 'Movies' section, but I have to manually put in the info because XBMC nor EMM will recognize that a TV show can actually be in DVD format. I'm posting a link to a past forum thread about solving this problem, but I don't understand it at all, so I'm hoping someone can walk me through resolving this. My file structure is 'TV Show Name'/Season #/TV Show - Season # Disc #/(VOB Files)

Here's the link to a past thread that had a good solution - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=59169
(I just don't understand how they did it)

After writing this, I realize that it would be difficult for the scraper to identify what episodes are in each disc, but my question is two-fold then - how do i get to (and what part there-in) the file that identifies how these files are read so I can change it to my format, and also what would be the best naming template that you have found works best with XBMC (and please don't point me to the wiki, I did my best to understand all i could before posting this).

Sorry for my newb-ness in advance, and thanks for any help you can give me!!!

P.S. If you need the info, I'm on Win 7 64bit on the Aeon MQ4, but im unsure if i have the latest Beta or Stable release off-hand.
And although I still would like the answers to the questions above, more importantly I figured out on the wiki how to create the advancedsettings.xml file (I told you i was a noob at this) and am putting the following script in. Even using this format on a test dvd, I get the same results as when I never had this at all: it'll be read perfectly if set as TV content, but won't show up (although I kind of understand that vob files will never show up in TV section), but when I set it as movies, or just change the content to Movie without refreshing, I get nothing.

<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching append="no">
<regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[ ._-]*[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?Sad?:[\\/]video_ts)?[\\/]video_ts\.ifo)$</regexp>
<!Example: \Battlestar Galactica (2003)\The Mini-Series S00E01E02\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO>
</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? And on a side note, how do I include 'Season 1' in the advanced settings file (I only know how to enter files if theyre named s01 instead of simply Season 1).
Three things to consider:

1. Are you sure your advancedsettings.xml is in the right place? If you check your log file (wiki) you should see the contents of the advancedsettings.xml printed out near the top (doesn't need to be a debug log).

2. Remove the <!Example ... > line. It's improperly formatted, and may be preventing things from working.

3. How are you now naming your folder? You'll need to include the S01E01E02etc. in the folder name for it to work. You can't get around the need to include the episode numbers, but if you have a different preferred format, let me know and I'll work out what regexp you need to use.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping VOB TV Shows for Dummies (That's Me lol)0