X10 Commander Lights
Wanting to automate some things on my home entertainment center based on what I have read about X10, I decided to buy a package from X10 (firecracker). 2 days later I get an email my order shipped... 4 days later I get an email the firecracker line is discontinued and the order is on hold. So much for already shipped.

Well I tried calling and after a half dozen phone calls trying to get someone to help, I finally did (but not the person who sent the email). Anyways after all that I told her I just want to get a refund and will research what else will work and re-order after my refund processed. The whole X10 website felt a little sketchy to begin with and I should have followed my first instinct I guess.

3 weeks and 3 phone calls later, refund is processed. So last weekend ordered the Active Pro package along with other modules. Today it came. Started unpacking everything, putting modules on lamp lights etc. Installed the software and used registration code they sent me and it didn't work. Great... Tried calling for half an hour, no one comes to the phone (website says call 24 hours a day, on phone they say during business hours, I called during business hours and still nothing). Still, that's not what set me off. When I looked at the receiver which attaches to the USB it looks NOTHING like the one on the online user manual. Then I see what they sent me. A CM19A USB wireless receiver which the paper in the box says is a Firecracker RF Computer Interface/Transceiver... Are you freaking kidding meHuh This from the line they told me was discontinued a month ago, and useless for working with the modules on the ActivePro. This thing says its for motion control... WTFHuh

I am going to share this experience with every automation type and consumer type website I can this weekend, then Monday will report it to my credit card company as fraud. NOBODY answers the phone to help either, it's like they don't care. It's a darn shame my experience with their product has to start out so bad even before I can use the products thanks to their support people. Buyer beware here I guees, take this as a warning...

Customer Support rating: On a scale of 1-10.... NEGATIVE 10 (Maybe that's what X10 stands for, maybe it should be -10)
the X10 company went out of business... this was revealed in August but no formal announcement was made. The X10 company has always been very sketch. I warned people in the pre-curser to this thread (e.g. a different thread) not to buy X10.

http://www.cepro.com/article/the_end_of_...:20:09:35Z

X10 is dead - fact, not opinion. There are tons of devices in use so it will exist for a long time... but no one will sell new items.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Any updates on this addon? Just wondering as I'm taking care of this on my own but would like to support something more collaborative.

Also this should support heyu, mochad and ahcmd.exe, then most people can take advantage of the same code. Wouldn't be hard to do.
(2013-02-19, 23:47)doobiest Wrote: Any updates on this addon? Just wondering as I'm taking care of this on my own but would like to support something more collaborative.

Also this should support heyu, mochad and ahcmd.exe, then most people can take advantage of the same code. Wouldn't be hard to do.

Yes, this addon has updates, but not on this page.

Check out This Link for the latest release's, you can also post your requests overthere.

Regards, Shoop

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
X10 Commander Lights1