Autostart XBMC on XBMCbuntu session
Hello everyone, this is my problem:
Instead of using the XBMC session (standalone) I want to use the XBMCbuntu and autostart XBMC when starting (so if i want to close xbmc and, for example, open a browser, it's easier.

So what i'm trying to-do is to autostart xbmc everytime i log in the xbmcbuntu session, i search the forum and google (i'm not linux savvy, and was only able to do this in the openbox session (creating the file ~/.config/openbox/autostart), for now this "solved" my problem.

anyone knows how to do the equivalent on the session XBMCbuntu?

I found some tutorial that do this by change non-user files (outside of ~) but i'm sure there is a solution in user space.

Thanks in advanced!
The script /usr/bin/startxbmcbuntu is run when you start the XBMCbuntu session.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
nice. but surely there is a way changing only files inside the home dir, no?
your desktop is LXDE. Therefore put a .desktop file in ~/.config/autostart (I had to make that directory.)

Complete instructions
Code:
cd
mkdir .config/autostart
cp /usr/share/xsessions/XBMC.desktop .config/autostart

seems to work here.

Googling lxde autostart found it pretty quickly.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
thanks! i was actually looking for openbox autostart. didn't realise they where different environment. newbie mistake, thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Autostart XBMC on XBMCbuntu session0