Bug Frodo Smartplaylists broken
I had a nice way of segregating my tv shows and movies using smart playlists, often using the 'tvshow' and the 'path' fields to distinguish between Panel Shows, Documentaries and the rest. But now it just seems broken - the tvshow field doesnt work at all as an operator; either matching everything or nothing depending on its mood, and the path field seems to work most of the time, but then not at all later on. I'm experiencing different results from launching the same playlist. I edit the XSP in nano or ultraedit, launch. Change nothing, go back, launch again and get different results - neither of which match what ive written.

Frodo 12 on mysql.

Anyone else?
Edit: I'm not using MySql. It's a completely default vanilla installation, on a fresh install of windows 7, and no plugins installed yet.

Same thing here. I just updated to Frodo, and found my movie playlists work fine, but TV series are completely broken.

Here's a test:
create a new playlist
Add one TV show name, save it.
Test the playlist, that tv show is visible.

Edit it, add a second tv show.
Make sure the role says "must match one or more rules"
Save it.
Test it - now it shows no series.

I tested this with
"starts with Spartacus"
worked fine - showed two series

I then added "contains Doctor" (for Doctor Who; I also tried "starts with Doctor")
and the playlist shows up as empty

This doesn't happen all the time. I have several smart playlist with around 20 shows in each: when i view them, it simply shows the entire TV show list, not filtered at all.

Definitely broken, and Frodo is unusable for me like this.
Are you using mysql too?
My playlist works just fine in Frodo and im on MySQL. I wanted to separate my Anime from my TVshows and never had any problems.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
    <name>TV SHOWS</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="path" operator="contains">
        <value>smb://SRV-SAITOH/Videos/TV/</value>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>

When adding multiple operators, it has always worked as intended

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
Can't offer much help without seeing your smart playlist contents and a copy of your debug log (wiki) showing you launching the playlist. Debug log (wiki) needs to be uploaded to www.xbmclogs.com and just the assigned URL posted here.
For anyone who stumbles across this post who has the same problem, I found out what the problem was for me.

I was using smartlists created under the previous version of XBMC (maybe even the one prior to Eden).
In those versions, when using TV shows, you need to use the following:
rule field="tvshow"
In Frodo, the above does not work. You have to use
rule field="title"

In Eden, the "title" version, does not work.

I have one machine running Eden, and one machine running Frodo, and playlists with entries like this:
<rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Fringe</rule>
work on Eden, but do not work on Frodo.
While the following entry
<rule field="title" operator="is">Fringe</rule>
works on Frodo, but not on Eden!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo Smartplaylists broken0