Solved No artwork shown - Frodo - MySQL
Hi,

I have a fresh install of Frodo on ATV2 5.0.2

I have just moved over to having the database stored on a MySQL server on my NAS, as I think it was getting a bit big for the ATV.
All went well, XBMC created the database no problems (followed the instructions in the Wiki).

Only issue is that I have zero artwork, no posters, fanart, previews for remote fanart won't even appear.

I'm a bit new to MySQL, so can you let me know if theres something obvious I might have missed?

Thanks,
Dan

xbmc.log
afaik ftp is not writeable - either get rid of the path substitution and let it cash the images locally or use a protocol with write access (nfs,smb)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks for the reply, I didn't realise that.
The reason for me using the path subs, was because the ATV didn't seem to be handling the database very well anymore. I think it might have been an issue with the number of thumbnails? It was just continually crashing.

But anyway, I tried using NFS and I was getting the same problem - it was unable to write.
SMB does work, but the ATV didn't seem to be able to handle this either, and just crashed.
I'd much rather get the speed increase of NFS. Are there any suggestions as to why it wouldn't be working with NFS? (I'm using a Synology NAS).

I'll try and get my logs uploaded when I get home later on.
Add this to your advancedsettings.xml and retry.

<ftp>
<remotefanart>true</remotefanart>
<remotethumbs>true</remotethumbs>
</ftp>

I had same issue in Eden, central mysql setup, FTP as my source - everything played fine, but no fanart. Took me a while to track it down but adding the above helped.

I'm using NFS as my source now, but FTP is just as fast.
QNAP TS670 NAS - 4x4TB Raided with NFS Support & Central MySQL DB
Pi 3 [Xbian] - Samsung 46" ES7000 Smart TV & HT-E5550 3D BD Sound System
Pi 3 [Xbian]  + Hyperion Ambilight- Samsung 48" Curved UE48JS9000 4k
PowerEthernet T1502 Powerline adapters
(2013-02-18, 14:40)nsviper Wrote: Add this to your advancedsettings.xml and retry.

<ftp>
<remotefanart>true</remotefanart>
<remotethumbs>true</remotethumbs>
</ftp>

I had same issue in Eden, central mysql setup, FTP as my source - everything played fine, but no fanart. Took me a while to track it down but adding the above helped.

I'm using NFS as my source now, but FTP is just as fast.

Where abouts?
Did you add this just within the advancedsettings parameters, or does it have to be in with the <pathsubstitution>?
Nothing to do with pathsubstitution, so yes just add in advancedsettings area
QNAP TS670 NAS - 4x4TB Raided with NFS Support & Central MySQL DB
Pi 3 [Xbian] - Samsung 46" ES7000 Smart TV & HT-E5550 3D BD Sound System
Pi 3 [Xbian]  + Hyperion Ambilight- Samsung 48" Curved UE48JS9000 4k
PowerEthernet T1502 Powerline adapters
Ok, thanks.

I did actually manage to solve it in the end anyway. For some reason I needed to put "volume1/" in the NFS path.
Just incase anyone runs into the same problem, with a Synology NAS with a single volume (I did see a similar post before with someone saying the volume isn't needed - but can't find it now). So there it is!

I will add the remotefanart parameters in as well, to see if that helps with anything. Cheers!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No artwork shown - Frodo - MySQL0