OpenElec? or Frodo on Windows 7?
I'm looking to put together an HTPC but I'm confused about a couple issues and I'm stalled picking out hardware til I understand them.

I want to put together a HTPC that can easily do 1080P video (and possibly even 3D - but thats not a deal breaker)
stream 1080P movies from a SMB network share, and is capable of bitstreaming DTS-HD MA and Dolby True HD

I understood that (at least at one point) OpenELEC did NOT support HD audio passthrough without a separate audio card Is this still the case?
Am I better off using Windows 7 as the OS base with a plain Frodo install of XMBC?

I'd like to ensure the best video quality possible as I'll be using this HTPC with a projector throwing a 10' image.

Thanks for your help.

Frank
OpenELEC does everything that Windows XBMC does but is better suited to use as an dedicated appliance due to it's trimmed down underlying OS.

Being linux based OE does not support Dolby-TrueHD/DTS Master Audio bitstreaming via HDMI on AMD chipsets as the linux AMD driver is rather pants.
If you're going the OE route, an nvidia graphics card gives the best video and audio performance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenElec? or Frodo on Windows 7?0