[MOD] Add Extra Fan Art to all Panel Info Views (UPDATED)
Using the latest nox git and I cannot get this to work. I tried this and your alt info wall view. It changed the layout but will not use my extra fanart. I even ran extra fanart downloader again, to no avail. Am I missing something?
Latest git changed how extra fan art works, either use a earlier git like I am or use the repo version. maybe once the next repo comes out I'll have a look, but things are changing too fast to mess with it now.
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
(2013-04-05, 07:22)ShadowTek Wrote: Latest git changed how extra fan art works, either use a earlier git like I am or use the repo version. maybe once the next repo comes out I'll have a look, but things are changing too fast to mess with it now.

as anyone tried this with the latest git, does it still work?
Same GIT it hasn't changed in a long time... But I have it working. Just have to change a few things first. After I get it working as I like, I'll upload new version
Logo's Made So Far:
Ok, I got it.. Note this is for views with the drop down panels, for adding extra fanart to other views, see my post here If you want extra fanart on all views you need to do both posts.

Open Includes_Viewtypes.xml

Find:
Code:
<control type="image">
                <posx>909</posx>
                <posy>69</posy>
                <width>798</width>
                <height>454</height>
                <aspectratio align="center">scale</aspectratio>
                <texture background="true" fallback="special://skin/backgrounds/fallback_movies.jpg">$VAR[FanartTextureVar]</texture>
                <fadetime>FanartCrossfadeTime</fadetime>
                <bordertexture border="7">thumbs/thumbshadow.png</bordertexture>
                <bordersize>7</bordersize>
                <animation effect="zoom" end="108" center="1800,270" time="320" tween="cubic" easing="inout" condition="Skin.HasSetting(no_infopane_panel) + Control.IsVisible(503)">Conditional</animation>
                <visible>StringCompare(Control.GetLabel(4420),fanart)</visible>
                <animation type="VisibleChange">
                    <effect type="fade" end="100" delay="320" time="160" />
                </animation>
            </control>

AFTER that add:

Code:
<!-- BEGIN Extra Fanart by ShadowTek -->
            <control type="multiimage">
                <posx>909</posx>
                <posy>69</posy>
                <width>798</width>
                <height>454</height>
                <aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
                <fadetime>FanartCrossfadeTime</fadetime>
                <include condition="Window.IsActive(pictures)">Aspectratio_Keep</include>
                <include condition="!Window.IsActive(pictures)">Aspectratio_Scale</include>
                <timeperimage>3000</timeperimage>
                <imagepath background="true">$VAR[VideoExtraFanartVar]</imagepath>
                <visible>StringCompare(Control.GetLabel(4420),fanart)</visible>
                <include>Animation_VisibleChange200</include>
             </control>
<!-- END Extra Fanart by ShadowTek -->

This is for GIT 4.1.9

Let me know if it works, I may need to add another edit (My files are all heavily edited to meet my needs)
Logo's Made So Far:
Why don't you guys use git and make diffs from the mods, makes it more easy to apply settings.
This is just to much work if your using more mods.
This is the only way I know how to do it. Phil said the same thing to me lol but I have yet to sit down and figured out the whole github, branch, cloning thing.
Logo's Made So Far:
(2013-06-08, 01:23)ShadowTek Wrote: This is the only way I know how to do it. Phil said the same thing to me lol but I have yet to sit down and figured out the whole github, branch, cloning thing.

Ok i understand but since you mentioned you have modded more things the change is high things will brake.
Not to blame author from this mode http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157923 but it's just not doable to apply this mod blind when running latest git or previous version from it.
When using git it's more easy to compare stuff and merge it.

Edit:
Just to give you an idea. I need to use comparison tools to compare files on changes and merge the stuff needed for this mod (which in this case is easy) but in example mentioned it's not doable.
Thats why I posted the manual edits (a page back). Its work, yes.. but its the best I can do until I learn github Sad
Logo's Made So Far:
(2013-06-08, 01:30)ShadowTek Wrote: Thats why I posted the manual edits. Its work, yes.. but its the best I can do until I learn github Sad

No problem, your mod is pretty easy but i understand your point of view.
No hard feelings Wink
(2013-06-08, 01:31)schumi2004 Wrote:
(2013-06-08, 01:30)ShadowTek Wrote: Thats why I posted the manual edits. Its work, yes.. but its the best I can do until I learn github Sad

No hard feelings Wink

None taken Smile I do need to get off my lazy ass and learn how to use githhub anyways lol, just not sure where to start as it seems a bit overwhelming.
Logo's Made So Far:
(2013-06-08, 01:36)ShadowTek Wrote:
(2013-06-08, 01:31)schumi2004 Wrote:

No hard feelings Wink

None taken Smile I do need to get off my lazy ass and learn how to use githhub anyways lol, just not sure where to start as it seems a bit overwhelming.

Git doesn't bite ya, it's actually pretty easy when using it for a few days Wink

Edit:
How i would do it.
Create git account, clone aeon nox.
using terminal: git checkout -b mymod (creates new branch of your mod)
change files
git add .
git commit -m 'your comment about the changes'
git push origin mymod

since i'm currently a windows user i'm using virtual box with a Ubuntu image to do such stuff.
Cant seen to get this to work. I keep getting an error "extra-fanart not natively support in xbmc" I have the latest 4.1.9 GIT. I have download "Includes_Viewtypes" file and replace it in Roaming\XBMC\addons\Aeon-Nox-master\1080i. Dont matter which view type all I get is a static fanart and that error comes up when i select extra-fanart. I have extrafanart folder in each movie folder.
(2013-06-09, 02:09)dazz87 Wrote: Cant seen to get this to work. I keep getting an error "extra-fanart not natively support in xbmc" I have the latest 4.1.9 GIT. I have download "Includes_Viewtypes" file and replace it in Roaming\XBMC\addons\Aeon-Nox-master\1080i. Dont matter which view type all I get is a static fanart and that error comes up when i select extra-fanart. I have extrafanart folder in each movie folder.

Use the edits on the previous page for 4.1.9 (not the download), you have to add them manually. Also keep in mind that this is for the drop panels.
Logo's Made So Far:
(2013-06-09, 02:14)ShadowTek Wrote:
(2013-06-09, 02:09)dazz87 Wrote: Cant seen to get this to work. I keep getting an error "extra-fanart not natively support in xbmc" I have the latest 4.1.9 GIT. I have download "Includes_Viewtypes" file and replace it in Roaming\XBMC\addons\Aeon-Nox-master\1080i. Dont matter which view type all I get is a static fanart and that error comes up when i select extra-fanart. I have extrafanart folder in each movie folder.

Use the edits on the previous page for 4.1.9 (not the download), you have to add them manually. Also keep in mind that this is for the drop panels.

Hey ShadowTek

Im not great at editing xml file could you post what it supposed to look like? Also you mentioned drop panel which is enabling Infopanel (4 thumbs)?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Add Extra Fan Art to all Panel Info Views (UPDATED)1