MKV playback on Sony Blu Ray from XBMC
This is all very new to me and I may not even be able to ask my question properly, but I'll try.

I just started using XBMC (Frodo) and got my library set up. I have several movies in mkv format.

On the Blu Ray player I see XBMC and can play the file on my TV. All fine.

Problem is I don't seem to be able to fast forward or rewind, only play the movie straight through or pause.

How can I fast forward or rewind.

I can post any necessary info. I just don't know what's needed.

Thanks.
Why are you trying to play them on your bluray player if you have xbmc?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
XBMC is designed to be connected directly to the TV, though XBMC does have some serving abilities. If your Sony Bluray player can't fast forward or rewind, then you'll need to ask Sony why this is. Nothing on XBMC's side is a setting for that.
Can you forward/rewind with other formats? I'm actually surprised that you can play a mkv on a Sony product.
Ok. I think I see.

So, my question is (remember I don't know much about XBMC yet), can I use XBMC as a remote to control playback through the blu ray player? Basically, could I fast forward a movie on the computer and just have it play through the blu ray player?

I should note, I use the blu ray player because my tv doesn't have wifi connectivity.

Thanks.
Almost. It's a feature being added in nightly builds (wiki) where you can "play to/with" UPnP/DLNA targets.
Plug the hdmi out port on your computer to the HDMI input on your TV.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-02-21, 05:51)Ned Scott Wrote: Almost. It's a feature being added in nightly builds (wiki) where you can "play to/with" UPnP/DLNA targets.

Thanks. I'll keep my eye out for this. When I get new equipment, I'm seeing that I'll be able to do a lot more. Most of what I have running is work arounds. I know I don't get nearly the full benefit possible from XBMC. But it is awesome, even just grazing the surface of what it can do.

Thanks for the help and I'll watch for the next update. I'm not really sure I should be messing with nightly builds.Laugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MKV playback on Sony Blu Ray from XBMC0