Home Screen buttons disappeared...
Hi all

Please forgive me if this has already been posted....I did a quick search and looked through about 5 pages of results but didn't find anything to help.

Over the weekend one of my 15 month old toddlers managed to topple one of the side speakers of our cinema system over, and during it's fall managed to take out my router, network hub and network socket to the NAS box in the room upstairs.

Once it was all fixed the wife settled down to watch something but both the MOVIES and TV SHOWS buttons were missing from the homescreen, however the file can still be accessed via File Manager and played that way.

In the Skin options, where it asks to show/hide these buttons, the MOVIES and TV SHOWS options are unselected and greyed out so I can't re-enable them.

Also, I have used Group Policy Manager to create a shell of XBMC V12 Frodo with automatic login, so when I exit I just get a black screen, or booting into safemode just gives a blackscreen also.

Short of rebuilding the HTPC from scratch, I'm at a loss.

Can anyone suggest anything??

Thanks in advance,

Leo
Welcome
Rename guisettings.xml which is in userdata (wiki)

uNi
That's great, thanks.

However, I can't access windows as it's stuck in shell mode.....I can just about bring up a task manager window and that's about it.
Hi again

I've managed to get access to Windows system again. I deleted the guisettings.xml file with no success.

I've now uninstalled and re-installed XBMC, but still nothing.

I've noticed that although the option is checked, I have no 'Add Source' option in either the File screen or in the context menu. I have it for Music, but not for video.

Any ideas??

Ok, I've found it....I had to drill right down through the File menu and then I could Add Source via the context menu, so all seems well but it's still rebuilding the database at the moment so should know in a while.

So the next question is, why did it lose this information? I'm not bitching about it, just curiosity getting the better of me.
For future reference: if you're stuck in XBMC shell mode you can just start the task manager (ctrl + shift + esc) and select File - Run and type 'explorer'.

About your other problems, no idea. If you want to start over 'clean' you can just rename (or delete) c:\users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC.
@darkcyde

It could be you either deleted the userdata (wiki) Databases content which could explain the menu items disappearing mysteriously or something along corruption, hard to tell without seeing what xbmc debug log (wiki) was doing at that time when you first noticed this.

Either way it wont matter now but for future reference setting debug on and pastebining a debug log (wiki) is absolutely mandatory.

uNi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home Screen buttons disappeared...0