I'm terrible at python and need your help with two questions
Another update...

I've got it working using xbmc 12.1 frodo. Json was a little tricky to get sorted as it's rpc vesion 2 so it was giving me errors even it looked ok. The formatting is strict, so I resorted to building it up using arrays in PHP and json encoding it.

I have it working from a php script using curl. I've also worked out using the xbmc api that I can pass in variables over the json command, which I can then pick up in the xbmc app and show on the popup message.

Here's the code triggering the json command

PHP Code:
<?php

$blackBoxIP 
'10.0.7.12';
$XbmcPort '8081';

echo 
"Sending Notification...\n";

$data = array(    "jsonrpc" => "2.0"

"id" => "0"

"method" => "Addons.ExecuteAddon"

"params" => array(    "addonid"=> "script.doorbell",

"params" => array (    'image'  => 'notificationicon.jpg',

'string1'=> 'Hello World',

'string2'=> 'Showing this message using',

'string3'=> 'Combination of XBMC python modules and',

'string4'=> 'JSON-RPC API interface',

'string5'=> 'Have fun coding'

)
                                )
                );

$data_string json_encode($data);

$ch curl_init("http://$blackBoxIP:$XbmcPort/jsonrpc");                                                                      
curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST"POST");                                                                     
curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_POSTFIELDS$data_string);                                                                  
curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFERtrue);                                                                      
curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, array(                                                                          

'Content-Type: application/json',                                                                                

'Content-Length: ' strlen($data_string))                                                                       
);                                                                                                       

$result curl_exec($ch);

curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFERtrue);

if(
curl_exec($ch) === false)
{
    echo 
'Curl error: ' curl_error($ch);
}
else
{
    echo 
'Sent succesfully';
}

curl_close($ch); 

I'm still trying to figure out how I catch the strings in the script and display them on the popup. At the moment all I'm getting is erros but I have this to follow ( http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...orld_addon ) so I'll work out a little more tomorrow after work.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm terrible at python and need your help with two questions - by beardedgeek - 2013-04-02, 01:22
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I'm terrible at python and need your help with two questions0