A Couple Questions after updating to Frodo
First off, when I add movies now and i check under the sub-menu of recently added only sometimes do the most recent movies added actually show up in there.. I added 2 the other day and one showed up about 3/4 down the list and then today i added 5 just to see what would happen and 4 aren't even listed and one is randomly right in the middle? In the past versions of XBMC it always put the newest movies at the top of the list and then the ones at the bottom would just move down until they were off the list...

is there a way to make it behave like it used to? small thing but it's a feature i used all the time...

Then for trailer viewing I used to always just press left twice and it would give me the option to play the trailer and now i dont see it nowhere in the side panel of options.. I can press "C" and play the trailer that way but is there anyway i can get "Play Trailer" again on that side options?

Lastly, the sub-menu under videos for music videos isn't showing any new videos i add even though i saw them all being scraped in the top right corner when i first placed them in the folder? It only shows one video I first added, all the others are in the exact same folder using the same naming structure of "artist - song title" ...

i went through all the settings a few times trying to solve these issues but I couldn't fix any of these 3 problems.. any help would be extremely appreciated.. thanks!
Well, for your first issue, you can add:

Code:
<videolibrary>
         <dateadded>0</dateadded>
    </videolibrary>
to your advancedsettings.xml file

It wont change where the already added movies are, but will affect from now on (unless you refresh them)
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
(2013-02-19, 03:45)hype Wrote: Then for trailer viewing I used to always just press left twice and it would give me the option to play the trailer and now i dont see it nowhere in the side panel of options.. I can press "C" and play the trailer that way but is there anyway i can get "Play Trailer" again on that side options?
no
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2013-02-19, 03:56)ShadowTek Wrote: Well, for your first issue, you can add:

Code:
<videolibrary>
         <dateadded>0</dateadded>
    </videolibrary>
to your advancedsettings.xml file

It wont change where the already added movies are, but will affect from now on (unless you refresh them)

just to be sure the advancedsettings.xml file should be put in "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata" correct?

i copied what you gave me exactly and threw the file in the above directory and then shut down XBMC, threw in another movie and when i started it back up it still didnt change it.. Maybe im not doing something quite right?

also, since im making this advancedsettings.xml file, it would be nice to extend the number of recently added movies from 25 to like 35...

pretty sure the code for that would be "<recentlyaddeditems>35</recentlyaddeditems>" , correct?

so would i have the xml file setup like

Code:
<videolibrary>
         <dateadded>0</dateadded>
         <recentlyaddeditems>35</recentlyaddeditems>
    </videolibrary>

or something like this?

Code:
<videolibrary>
         <dateadded>0</dateadded>
    </videolibrary>

<videolibrary>
         <recentlyaddeditems>35</recentlyaddeditems>
    </videolibrary>

when i said it wasn't working that was just from putting exactly what you said in the xml file, i havent even added this new line yet just to be clear...

i'm far from what you'd call an advanced user so sorry if im not doing something that should be obvious haha.. i really appreciate the help!
if you´d just try out instead of writing here you would already have it workin Wink
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2013-02-19, 05:12)phil65 Wrote: if you´d just try out instead of writing here you would already have it workin Wink

obviously i tried it out lol.. the only thing i didn't test is adding the code for viewing more then 25 recently viewed movies since i can't even get it to work with just the first code...

i've added 3 movies now since making the advancedsettings.xml file and it hasn't changed anything.. i've restarted xbmc in-between every movie i added and even tried cleaning the library

obviously something is wrong on my part but i have absolutely no idea what it is? tried reading through the wiki and i cant see where i went wrong.. so yeah, ive def tried.. im just getting extremely frustrated at this point tbh...
Mine is set up like this:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videolibrary>
         <recentlyaddeditems>66</recentlyaddeditems>
         <dateadded>0</dateadded>
    </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>
And it works just fine.
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
o.O i had one letter missing, just a stupid mistake.. i have no idea how i didnt see it...

really appreciate the help! i def. understand the advanced settings much better now as a whole with the help and reading the wiki though...

time to get some sleep soon haha

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A Couple Questions after updating to Frodo0