Bug service.skin.widgets crashing?
I'm running the latest widgets version available in a stable Frodo xbmc-xvba build on a Ubuntu 12.04 system. I've noticed in the log in the last few days that this message is appearing A LOT:

03:16:07 T:140585564276480 DEBUG: NEWADDON PythonCallbackHandler construction with PyThreadState 0x7fdc800008c0
03:19:54 T:140585302202112 DEBUG: Previous line repeats 453 times.

As you can see, a new addon is starting every ~0.5 seconds. From looking at the log, it only seemed to start after the widget addon had loaded. In one log it stopped appearing when the addon crashed following the key error that has since been fixed. And just now I've gone through my addons disabling them until the message stopped appearing, which it did when the widget addon was stopped.

Is this actually a problem? I've been having a problem recently where both live TV and locally played media will freeze video playback at random, and eventually requires a system restart to fix and I think this might be the root cause of it. Any guidance appreciated!
you can safely ignore those messages.
they are not the cause of any issues you may experience.

to avoid confusion, we've already made sure those messages
won't pop up in the log anymore if you install a nightly xbmc build.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Also the 'NEWADDON' is not a python script starting, but the Add-on Engine reporting. It happens with add-ons that use background threading(service.skin.widgets, service.scheduler, script.cinema.experience....)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
service.skin.widgets crashing?0