• 3(current)
Cinema Experience Slides & Trivia
If any mods are watching - I'm interested in putting a poll on the thread to see what content people would like next, but I can't find the option to create one in the thread. I'm not sure I've got rights. Could a mod create a poll that I can edit, or PM me and tell me how to get one done?
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Could you please post these to a different file share site? Perhaps a google drive or dropbox link? The 4shared links don't work well and constantly try to install trash onto my machine.

Thanks you
Sure, uploading to Google Drive now, I'll post the links when they're up.

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
(2013-03-09, 05:27)RagnaroktA Wrote: Sure, uploading to Google Drive now, I'll post the links when they're up.

Thank you. I can also post to various sites to mirror if you like.

Thanks!
I've got them up in 3 places (Google Drive, 4shared and Mediafire) right now - so I think we're good on mirrors. I appreciate it though!

(2013-03-09, 16:35)RagnaroktA Wrote: I've got them up in 3 places (Google Drive, 4shared and Mediafire) right now - so I think we're good on mirrors. I appreciate it though!

Sweet! Thank you.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
So what does everyone want to see? Do I do the Movie Trivia, Movie Facts, or Oscar Trivia slide packs? Or do I do something else completely different. Perhaps some slides that aren't Aeon Nox 4 themed, and are a bit more colorful? Post here and let me know.

Whatever you are most interested in making. I appreciate it all!
Just seeing this now. I'm on a train and my connection sucks. Looking forward to having a look at what you've done. I like your pre show entertainment video as well.
Go for Movie Facts next Smile
(2013-03-14, 05:46)RagnaroktA Wrote: So what does everyone want to see? Do I do the Movie Trivia, Movie Facts, or Oscar Trivia slide packs? Or do I do something else completely different. Perhaps some slides that aren't Aeon Nox 4 themed, and are a bit more colorful? Post here and let me know.

Double Down.....lol (More of everything!! Keep it up!)
I just stumbled across this, and I think it's great that you've gotten the ball rolling again.

As far as any errors in my slides, I blame AMC. Smile
While I created the templates, I didn't create the questions or answers--they were cut/pasted directly from AMC's website.

If there's anything I can do to help, let me know, but it looks like you have a pretty solid handle on it.

Here are my slides:

PBTrivia Slides 1-100
PBTrivia Slides 101-200
PBTrivia Slides 201-300
PBTrivia Slides 301-355

My template and the 28 Days Later font are part of the 301-355 slide pack.
Update: I've got data for 104 trivia slides all built out thanks to peebs. I'm looking for a way to automate the process and just dump the data for use, but I'm not there yet. I will say that once I figure out how to scrape and parse the data from the web, there will be a lot of slides. On average, we'll be looking at 200 to 250 trivia questions per set (that's 400-500 slides per set) and there will be four sets total. That means 1600-2000 slides of trivia.

Hopefully I can find a way to automate the process. I may start taking donations. This has been a ton of work. Smile

RagnaroktA what data are you trying to scrape and what format do you need the data in? Maybe I can help out.
I need to find a way to scrape all of the data from the AMC Super Movie Trivia website. With the way the site is formatted, it's a bit difficult to pull the data out, get it to step to the answer page, pull that data out (including what the right answer is), then go on to the next question. I've even looked into professional scraping tools, and I'm not sure they can do what I need them to do.

If this is something I've gotta do by hand, I'll set up a donations button for sure. So far, I've only got the data I need for the first 5 quizzes. Let me know what you think.

I wrote a little script that converts the questions into a CSV format. Here's a sample of the first quiz: http://rapidshare.com/files/1914626632/1539.csv . Let me know if this helpful to you or if you could use the data in a different format. I can run it against all the quizzes listed there once you tell me the best format.

The only thing I can't strip out automatically is the "There are 33 questions this month." text in the first question, I'll have to do that manually before I send you the final data.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cinema Experience Slides & Trivia3