• 5(current)
Cinema Experience Slides & Trivia
Sorry to hear that RagnaroktA. The slides can wait, take care of what you need to do. I might have sometime next week to play around with things if you don't get a chance. Can you send me instructions to recreate what you have done so far and I can mess with it. I'm not that great in photoshop but maybe I can poke around a bit.
Cool would love to see the vids..
(2013-04-17, 17:44)mcorcoran Wrote: Sorry to hear that RagnaroktA. The slides can wait, take care of what you need to do. I might have sometime next week to play around with things if you don't get a chance. Can you send me instructions to recreate what you have done so far and I can mess with it. I'm not that great in photoshop but maybe I can poke around a bit.

Thanks much. Really what I'm trying to do is figure out in Photoshop CS6 how to write a script that will size the text to fit a text layer, and scale it down until it all fits. Seems simple enough, but I haven't been able to get it working. My thoughts on how it will flow:

1) Have the script make an array of all of the text layers and their sizes (width and height).
2) Resize the text to fit that specific layer based on the width and height discovered and available in the array. The text cannot be larger than 72px, and should scale down 4px until it fits the text layer.
3) Rinse and repeat for the other text layers.

Photoshop will accept JavaScript, and VBScript. Scripting documentation for CS6 can be found here. Unfortunately that's about as far as I've gone so far.

(2013-04-17, 18:48)Skank Wrote: Cool would love to see the vids..

Do you want any logos in the videos, or do you just want it to say Feature Presentation and such after the "explosion"?
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
RagnaroktA Have you uploaded or can you upload the template files you are using for the trivia slides?
I haven't, and I just realized I left the thumb drive at the office. I'll put them up first thing in the morning and PM you a link.

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
(2013-04-17, 20:41)RagnaroktA Wrote:
(2013-04-17, 17:44)mcorcoran Wrote: Sorry to hear that RagnaroktA. The slides can wait, take care of what you need to do. I might have sometime next week to play around with things if you don't get a chance. Can you send me instructions to recreate what you have done so far and I can mess with it. I'm not that great in photoshop but maybe I can poke around a bit.

Thanks much. Really what I'm trying to do is figure out in Photoshop CS6 how to write a script that will size the text to fit a text layer, and scale it down until it all fits. Seems simple enough, but I haven't been able to get it working. My thoughts on how it will flow:

1) Have the script make an array of all of the text layers and their sizes (width and height).
2) Resize the text to fit that specific layer based on the width and height discovered and available in the array. The text cannot be larger than 72px, and should scale down 4px until it fits the text layer.
3) Rinse and repeat for the other text layers.

Photoshop will accept JavaScript, and VBScript. Scripting documentation for CS6 can be found here. Unfortunately that's about as far as I've gone so far.

(2013-04-17, 18:48)Skank Wrote: Cool would love to see the vids..

Do you want any logos in the videos, or do you just want it to say Feature Presentation and such after the "explosion"?

No logos please Smile thank you Smile
i cant download movie facts and movie trivia either (to change them to dutch language)
(2013-04-18, 00:09)mcorcoran Wrote: RagnaroktA Have you uploaded or can you upload the template files you are using for the trivia slides?

You have a PM with the download link sir. Thanks much.

(2013-04-18, 15:43)Skank Wrote: i cant download movie facts and movie trivia either (to change them to dutch language)

Those two packs are still in the works and aren't yet available for download. Once they are, I'll update the first post with the links.

Any change to create slides for ace skin?
Looking forward for theother slides..
I will try to translate to dutch and put them available too here..
Any more intro videos? Like coming soon to this home theater?
I found some on avs forum but they werent available anymore..

Also i have thx trailers.... Main topic says to put them under "other format" but when will the script use these then? Cause i only have dts and dolby digitals formats on my movies..
You could try http://ivipid.com/ to create some new videos, It cost money for some videos but if you hit the server at the right time a few of them are free. I've used the "Design intro" for my feature presentation video.
(2013-04-18, 20:02)mcorcoran Wrote: You could try http://ivipid.com/ to create some new videos, It cost money for some videos but if you hit the server at the right time a few of them are free. I've used the "Design intro" for my feature presentation video.

Yeah i found hat too, but only the branded are free...
Thx anyway
(2013-04-18, 18:45)Skank Wrote: Any change to create slides for ace skin?
Looking forward for theother slides..
I will try to translate to dutch and put them available too here..
Any more intro videos? Like coming soon to this home theater?
I found some on avs forum but they werent available anymore..

Also i have thx trailers.... Main topic says to put them under "other format" but when will the script use these then? Cause i only have dts and dolby digitals formats on my movies..

RagnaroktA did you read my answer?

Your question: Do you want any logos in the videos, or do you just want it to say Feature Presentation and such after the "explosion"?

My answer: Without logos would be great..
I made some dutch guess who slides... using the devkit here...
I adjusted the xlsm file
now how do i make the slides?
(2013-04-19, 12:06)Skank Wrote: RagnaroktA did you read my answer?

Your question: Do you want any logos in the videos, or do you just want it to say Feature Presentation and such after the "explosion"?

My answer: Without logos would be great..

I did, but I haven't modified the videos at all yet. I think it's going to look odd without something there, but we'll see.

(2013-04-19, 22:04)Skank Wrote: I made some dutch guess who slides... using the devkit here...
I adjusted the xlsm file
now how do i make the slides?

You'll need Photoshop. What you need to do is save the Excel file to a CSV, and you may need to remove columns that aren't referenced in Photoshop. You import the CSV as a data set in Photoshop, and then batch process a PSD file for each data set, and each A & B slide. Then you batch image process those PSD files into JPGs.

(2013-04-17, 15:05)mcorcoran Wrote: deutsch2382 You need to include a file in the directory called "slides.xml" the file should contain the following:

Code:
<slides>
    <slide>
        <question format="([a-z])_a\.jpg" />
        <clue format="q([0-9]{1,3})c\.jpg" />
        <answer format="([a-z])_b\.jpg" />
        <mpaa = "N/A">
    </slide>
</slides>

For more information read this post.

Awesome! Thanks for the info! And thanks for your guys' hard work!
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cinema Experience Slides & Trivia3