xbmc stops working overnight
disabling watchdog fixed the memory leak, but brought a new problem to light. after sitting over night, xbmc is responsive, but the sound is wonky. it sounds like the menu sounds stutter. everything remains responsive until i try playing media. video will play slowly, and eventually freeze. there will be no sound at all and then xbmc will completely lock up. xbmc can be closed via task manager, but after that, sound stops working even after i disable the sound in device manager and reenable. windows says the sound device in still in use and to close the program using it, which was xbmc and it is closed. the only way i can find to fix it is to do a restart. ill do a debug log next time i catch it doing it, but figured i post it to see if you guys have any ideas.
finally had time to sit down and get a debug log
http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/5624134/
it slows down to about 5fps and then if i try to stop it xbmc locks and becomes unresponsive. if i kill the process i lose all audio in windows until i do a restart. even disabling and reenabling in device manager wont work and windows tells me a program is using the audio device and to close it. this is becoming a muli time perr day occurance. it only happens after periods of inactivity.
I've read that giving xbmc exclusive access is what is making the audio get tied up when xbmc crashes, but if I turn that option off, xbmc plays no audio and video is god awfully slow frame rates
In my case, whenever my system goes to sleep, when bring it back by remote/keyboard, xbmc will work but without audio, I have to restart xbmc to get the audio back. This happens on my Acer Revo, Windows7.
I am also experiencing the issue. Prior to searching in here, I made sure to modify my power save settings in Windows to not shut anything down to save power. I also disabled the Windows screensaver.

Those steps did not help. So I began searching the internet. After finding the information here, I decided to see if the "watchdog" plugin was being used and if so, turn it off. As it turns out, it was not enabled.

I then began more digging into it on my own equipment. What I discovered is that I can reliably reproduce the problem by turning off my display (TV). My set up is a DVI port on the PC hooked up to a HDMI port on my AV receiver via a DVI to HDMI adapter and HDMI cable. Audio is run from PC optical SPDIFF port to AV receiver.

I know that HDMI has capabilities whereby devices can be controlled to some extent by other devices which are interconnected through HDMI cabling and interfaces. Specifically of interest in this case is a power off/on control signal that can be sent over HDMI. It is my theory right now, that the TV is sending some kind of signal that causes the PC graphics card (an NVIDIA 8800 GTS in this case) to no longer attempt to output video. I know this seems a bit odd since the PC has a DVI port, but perhaps DVI allows for some similar signaling as does HDMI. HDMI was based in part on the DVI standard if memory serves, so it is not out of the realm of possibility. Also, Windows makes a sound (I think like the one made when a USB device is inserted/removed) when the TV is turned off.

Previously, I ran the exact same hardware with the same setup, with the exception that I used XBMCbuntu instead of Windows, and did not have this issue at all. Yes, I am running the latest NVIDIA driver under Windows. The Windows I am running is Vista Business x64.
I get exactly the same problem... Only happens over night - but the TV is turned off for periods in the day too, so not sure that's the case for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc stops working overnight0