HELP: Cannot Import Media??
Thanks guys!
I will look into that link.
Art. There is no data I need on the disk if that is what you are asking. However OE was installed on it. I don't mind restarting with a fresh OE install though.

Nickr it does seem partitioned after all though I didn't do it myself. Could it be that the OpenElec install does it automatically?

I am still wondering about the permissions though. That must explain why I was getting an error in OE when I tried using the file manager.
It has to partition it to install OE (unless it used the drive partitionlessly which is unusual but possible). I suspect what you declined on install was the opportunity to do some custom partitioning.

I don't know how OE mounts drives at startup etc, but i would tend to make three directories, movies, tv, music and copy your media files to the right directories.

It is essential to keep tv series and movies and music in separate directories.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks Nick.
I just wanted to post back and let you know that I managed to get it working. I was finally able to get Samba share working and just transferred everything over the network.
I appreciate everyone's help and patience! Smile
Great, glad you finally got this sorted! Now go enjoy XBMC! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HELP: Cannot Import Media??0