Ipod 4G no video
I've updated to the latest nightly, and I can stream audio, but no video.
Reread your own post and then try to think about how helpfull anyone could be with that "much" of information. (read the sticky thread in this forum on how to report a problem so that anyone can give you help).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Sorry, my battery was dying and I wanted to at least get a little info out there, I'm not usually this brief.

We are running the ATV1 with Eden successfully and I received an ATV3 for Christmas. Obviously it's not jailbroken, but my wife really enjoys using the other one and we would like to somehow use it to its full potential. We have a jailbroken ipod touch 4G and a 2008 Macbook Pro that we have installed xbmc on. We tried AirParrot with the macbook and it didn't really work well--too choppy, no sound, really not an option. The Ipod plays it on itself no problem, and when we airplay it, it has audio but no video. We then installed the nightly from 2/24 and tried it again, but we can't get video only audio--on the system video output screen, we can't select the #2 option on display mode--the arrow can't be clicked on. Every few tries, a pop up box will appear asking if we want to save the resolution but clicking yes or no doesn't change anything. Is there any way to use the ipod to airplay onto the atv3 or should we just get a hub and plug the hdmi cable that the atv3 is using into it and scrap the idea of using the atv3?

ipod 4th generation 6.1.2 jailbroken
atv3
xbmc build info: xbmc 13.0-alpha1 Git:20130223-5278fb7 (complied Feb 24 2013) installed via ssh/terminal

debug log http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/5564874/

I hope I have all the info now! Thanks!
What you wanna do (airplay mirroring) is not possible with an ipod4g. You need at least an iphone4s or ipad3 iirc. So the behaviour you see is expected.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
So it needs airplay mirroring not just airplay? I guess I was under the impression just airplay was needed. I assume there are no apps that will make the ipod mirror either? I guess we'll be waiting for it to be jailbroken then.
I'm sure this is a really dumb question, but I've googled and can't find the answer--my wife just reminded me that our son has an HP Touchpad that isn't being used anymore but if she remembers correctly has android loaded on it. XBMC runs on that, could we use that to stream to the ATV3? The touchpad is dead now and we're looking for the cord to charge it, but while we do that, I thought I would post the (really dumb I'm sure) question.
streaming xbmc to an atv3 needs hardware video encoding - only the devices i mentioned can do this.
Technically, A4 devices can do hardware encoding (see Display Recorder from Cydia) but apple still locks this out or something.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ipod 4G no video0